Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Slow is Fast and Fast is Slow

Post by wosnes » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 pm

I found a link to this during some other reading. It fits in nicely with No-S. This one about women's preferred body type was interesting, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Oh yeah! I like the No-S friendly quotes "Another major factor for failure in fast weight loss methods is the inability to cultivate the correct habits. The reason someone is overweight in the first place is due to unhealthy habits." and "Long term weight loss comes from first inculcating the correct habits." (I added the bold.)

This also sounds like something we've heard before. "Nobody gained weight over night. Gaining weight is a process of months and sometimes years. Reversing the process or losing weight should also be given adequate time."
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett