Quit sweets?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Anoulie

Quit sweets?

Post by Anoulie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:01 am

There are people who live without meat, people who never consume any animal products, people who only eat raw, and there are probably even stranger food plans... so why not quit sweets?
Is there anyone who knows someone who never eats sweets? :lol: I've noticed that sweets really aren't good for me. Seriously. They make my face all pimply, they're bad for my digestive system, they make me feel stuffed and nasty and have a gross aftertaste :? All in all, I don't even get while I'm still eating them. Dessert at a friend's birthday, some cake at a family reunion or ice cream in the summer, that's okay, but stuffing cookies into my face on saturdays? I don't think so.
I'm not saying I'll eliminate S days, just sweets. As in, I follow Vanilla No S during the week, and (can) have snacks/seconds on S days.
You'll probably think I'm crazy, and maybe I am, which is why I'm asking you first. Any input?

Katie

P.S. If anyone wants to know: My No S compliance is 100 % - some of you may have seen my monthly challenges, which were all green and yellows. I've had one red day so far, which was on September 26, my first day of No S, and on NWK S day, which was December 25, and consisted of a small bowl of ice cream after lunch.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 am

As others have said, S days are not about bingeing and stuffing yourself with anything, although many of us have done it. It is about just relaxing a bit just in case the severity is getting to you. You don't have to forbid sweets in order not to eat them. If you have no desire for them, just don't have them. Another freedom of No S is that you eat what you want, not what you don't want. Choosing sweets to limit, I assumed, was just because the calories are quite condensed, and the concentrated amounts easy to eat have been available in society for a relatively short time in history.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am

If you really don't want to eat them, then don't. Just do what you said, and allow yourself snacks and seconds. I know for me that ever since I started No S, I've become much more picky about the sweets I'll eat. Store-bought candy,cookies,and baked goods just don't taste good to me anymore.

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am

Just like you Katie eating sweet make me feel stuffed So I also have quit eating sweet not to say I won't have a dessert every now and than but not every weekend
Start weight 156.5 lbs
No goal weight
Just eating 3 meals a day
No Snacks
No Second
No Sweet
Except on days that start with S

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 am

Oh, I forgot to add that I read an interview with Jack La Lanne once, and he said after he changed his habits to get healthy, he has never eaten sweets again. So, somebody has done it!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 am

I WISH I could give us sweets, but I really do enjoy them sometimes. It's almost europhoric when you have something that is just delicious. I have cut down my sweet intake considerably since No S... to the point where it is almost eliminated. I don't think I could go without it unless it wasn't available to me.

The beauty of No S is that it restricts you but doesn't deprive you. But then you can make it your own by adding your mods. Good luck with however you do it!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

lelovelady

Post by lelovelady » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm

I don't think it sounds crazy at all. If you know something doesn't agree with you, then by all means don't eat it. It's no crazier than someone with a mild peanut allergy refusing to eat p'nut butter.

I know that I've noticed that since I've started No-S that my sweet tooth is a lot less sweet. Things that used to be really good are now so god awful sweet I can't stomach them. And it takes a lot less sweet stuff to fill me up than it did just a month ago.

Now salty, on the other hand ... I swear my sweet tooth has been replaced with a salt tooth. But I figure that'll straighten itself out eventually too.

Good luck!

Laura L.