N-Day Drinks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

N-Day Drinks

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm

While I know that milk is perfectly permissible as an N-day between meals drink, I do prefer to keep things non-caloric where I can.

However, I often go to bed very early and prefer to cut off caffeinated drinks in the afternoon.

So, of course I turned to some of the Celestial Seasonings herbal teas. I've drunk them off and on since I was a child, but I've found one that's very nice and has an interesting other effect.

I do glass ceiling, but I do like my wine. Wine aficionados may laugh at me, but I love my pink, sweet wine. Well, Wildberry Zinger is actually a great substitute for a nightcap for me if I've already hit my ceiling for the day. I like something to drink while I read before bed, and it's just as satisfying to me as a nightcap with a bit more authority.

Just as a heads up to people who might find it useful.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I drink various zinger teas all day at work, after I meet my coffee glass-ceiling. Really good stuff!

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 am

I love celestial seasonings tea! I just tried wildberry zinger the other day but it was way too sweet for me. ( I don't like wine either...) I love the peach tea though and the lemon zinger. I just got a sample pack of the fruit zingers though and I have yet to try cherry, blueberry, and something else I can't remember now.

Anyway, tea gets me through the rough times on N days. Now my habit of snacking after I put the kids to bed has been replaced with the habit of drinking a cup of tea instead. I also like to sip a cup of tea while Im making dinner, it keeps me from snacking as I make dinner which has previously been a big problem for me.

I just have it with no sweetener or a dollop of rice milk. :)

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Celestial Seasonings tea is wonderful. I especially love the Bengal Spice, because it really gets sweet if you let it steep for a couple minutes. The spices make it extra warming, too.

Elspeth

Post by Elspeth » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 pm

I remembered this recommendation from last month, and I just got around to trying the Wild Berry Zinger last night. It was great! I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine so I avoid having any coffee or tea (even green or white) after about 2 p.m. I'm also trying not to take in any calories at all between meals, so I enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to add any sweetening to the Wild Berry flavor. Thanks for the recommendation!

KareBear

Post by KareBear » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:41 pm

I wish I liked Tea. I picture myself, content, drinking Tea or Wine, relaxing by the fire, reading a book. Of course, with 2 boys and a husband, that is rarely my evening. All that to say, I LOVE Diet Coke but really try to not drink it at night soooo, I really enjoy my cup of milk between lunch and dinner or after dinner, before I go to bed. It's just, Tea or wine sounds so much more grown up. :?
Karen

Start/Current/Goal
160/ 160 /135

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm

stubby1234 wrote:Of course, with 2 boys and a husband, that is rarely my evening.
It does happen -- believe me. Although, sometimes you have to MAKE it happen.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."