confession...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

janieb

confession...

Post by janieb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 am

Yesterday was a tough No S day. It started with a party I was giving for co-workers. I brought all sorts of treats and aaaalmost indulged. In the end I was very strict with myself. And we also had a dinner party, and didn't eat till 8:30. I drank a lot of milk to get me through, also avoiding temptation. BUT after dinner when I was putting together this ultra tasty tiramisu on plates for everyone but myself, I crashed. Two quick bites, eaten in secret, in the kitchen.

I feel like yesterday I really did work hard on my habits, but I wish I had eaten the two bites of tiramisu on a plate with everyone else :(

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 am

janieb -- That sounds like a day on a typical diet. Why didn't you just take an S day and enjoy yourself -- and the Tiramisu?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Janieb, remember that you're allowed 2 NWS (non weekend S-days) per month for days that are important to you like birthdays, events, or holidays. That's part of the beauty of NoS--you can participate in important events just like anyone else instead of having to deprive yourself.

janieb

Post by janieb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

The problem is, Easter is coming up, and it's a big deal in our family. Bigger than xmas. 4 straight days of eating. Luckily two of them are on S days, but the others will be my NWS days for the month.

I do have to say, though, that after exerting all that willpower yesterday, I'm having a hard time doing No-S today. Anyone else out there that has "will power let down" after a big push?

Marygrace: I don't think yesterday was *that* much of a special day. If I took an S day for every time we had people over for dinner or every time we did something snacky at work, I'd (oh, wait, I've been doing that and I can't fit into my jeans!)

Wosnes: The tiramisu is in the fridge--- with my name on it (literally!) I can't wait to eat it!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Well, Easter's in April and this is March. Seriously, I would have taken an S day -- or at least an S-event for the dinner last night. But then, I don't entertain much and neither do my family/friends. Not only that, dessert is rarely offered except for very special occasions.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Is there any dessert that you could take or leave? Serve something that is not a favorite. Tiramisu is like one of the most amazing desserts.

Or you could make a more healthy dessert like a kick-butt fruit salad or a banana nut bread pudding!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:49 pm

janieb wrote: I do have to say, though, that after exerting all that willpower yesterday, I'm having a hard time doing No-S today. Anyone else out there that has "will power let down" after a big push?
I've experienced something like that before. Maybe not into the next day, but if I've been somewhere were people were enjoying sweets during the week, I've been tempted eat a treat when I come home. I guess because the sweets weren't on my mind until I saw people eating them. Fortunately over time, NoS becomes less about willpower and much more about habit--so you won't say no to sweets during the week because it's a rule you're bound to follow, but because it's just what you do.