Throwing in the towel...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mrsj

Throwing in the towel...

Post by mrsj » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 am

Don't get nervous! I'm letting go of my obsession with my weight. I've been maintaining for over a month. Nothing is happening. I've GAINED 2 cm on my waist and 3 cm on my hips. I'm tired of always being depressed about my size. I've concluded that I have the body that I have.

I let go of all my negative feelings about myself yesterday and promised myself that I'll accept me the way I am. It cost a good amount of tears, but it was very cleansing. Guess what? My appetite crashed downward.

I follow Vanilla No S with emphasis on sometimes and move a lot more.
Sooner or later something is bound to happen. I just won't obssess about it. There are so many more important things in life to use my time and energy on. Is this some kind of progress?

No S is so much a part of my life now that even on an S day I wouldn't dream of taking seconds or snacking.

It feels wonderful to finally let go of all the weight related negative bagage that I've been lugging around for over 20 years! I have No S to thank for this.
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.

ThomsonsPier

Re: Throwing in the towel...

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am

mrsj wrote:I let go of all my negative feelings about myself

(...)

There are so many more important things in life to use my time and energy on.
I think that the above realisations are probably the finest available for personal well-being. Well done there.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:49 am

Be relieved that you can let go and not be obsessed with your body weight. Your body is your own and be proud of it. Take care of it and show it off. If you lose weight, great! If you gain a little, oh well! If you are eating well and moving about, what more can you do?

Keep your chin up! Also remember to get clothes that flatter your figure. They are out there, go get 'em. They make all the difference.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

dmarie710

Post by dmarie710 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 pm

just have to make a comment. The more I read this message board, the more impressed I am. mrsj. good for you. I so want to get to this place. Slowly getting there, but what a waste of time to not feel good in your own skin. I'm sure it's a bit scary, but what a lesson for me. Congratulations.
Denise
restart No S on 4/1 at 132#
goal is 120-123# doing vanilla NoS with Eat Stop Eat on Monday.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:23 am

You did scare me. Bravo about your new thought regime. The culture doesn't make it easy, but it's certainly the saner attitude. I made an affirmation for myself years ago (which didn't work, by the way, at the time, but it was a good idea): May I be free of the tyranny of thinness. I think I've posted about it before. Or it's just deja vu.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:00 am

Good for you! Your post really put some things into perspective for me. I'm hoping I can get to that place myself, soon.

mrsj

Post by mrsj » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks, folks. I must warn you that it WILL cost a good healthy crying jag.

The irony of ironies is that since letting go I'm not rebelling against myself. My inner child isn't screaming "Iwant,I want" anymore.

Thanks for your supportive comments.

Happy Shrinking!
Nothing is impossible-only improbable.