Before and During Photos....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Before and During Photos....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi Guys! I am going to be preparing my before and during photos of myself and my son Richard sometime in the next week or two...
I'm wondering who else, in addition to our esteemed and buff, Reinhard, who has already posted his cool new pic for 2005, would be interested in submitting photos from their Pre NoS days and something more current..
My vision of the way this thread will work is that somehow we should be able to just revisit our own posts, like with the daily checkins, and add photos as we feel like it, but it would all be in one place, and it would probably be much more inspirational to newbies and people on the fence who wonder if NOS really works...

Freakwitch has a few really great ones, but they are spread out in different parts of his check in, and I know that several people here have lost significant pounds over the months they've been using NoS...
Well is anyone interested in trying to start a photo log of their journeys?
I think a picture is worth a thousand words...
(And in my case a thousand posts! LOL...)

Chime in with feedback please :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

I will also post 'Before' and 'During' pictures.

C.
CaroleJo

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:38 am

I think this a marvelous idea. I will see if I can find any good before photo's and post those with a during in a few months time.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:39 pm

Thanks, Deb. I think this is a great idea.

If we do get a bunch of photos, I'll use them (only with express permission of course) to create a more formal "before and during gallery" like I suggested a while back.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=308

Don't be put off by all the rules I mention in the above link, it's probably best to just get some photos before cogitating too much about it.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi people! Thanks to the wonderful and very helpful Carolejo, you may view my "Before and During" photos today on my thread...
When Reinhard gets a few more people here to submit a before photo, we can start a gallery... I wanted to be able to put the pics side by side, to really show the difference, but I think it's still possible to see, stacked one on top of the other....

I encourage you all to find a "Before" photo to contribute to the NoS board... then it's up to Reinhard to figure out how we can all have our own thread in a separate "Photo Gallery", similar to our checkin pages, which we can update when we feel we have lost a significant amount of weight... Significant is very individual.. To some it will be 100 lbs, to some 15... No matter what, it's a life change and we are all getting healthier and are lives are improved for having NoS in it!

Thanks Reinhard and NoS friends!
This is a great group to be part of, and I am very proud to be a member of the NoS revolution!!! :wink:

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:09 pm

Sorry mate,

My grasp of BB code is not good enough for me to work out the formatting for side to side pics!

:)
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:18 pm

No need at all for any apology CJ!!! :P
Even Reinhard said he didn't think it would be possible...
Maybe he can create a link, through the BB to his home page for that..

Oh Reinhard........... :lol:

Hugs!
8) Deb

KrazyKat

BEFORE And During?

Post by KrazyKat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi Deb;
Where is this message that has before and During Pix? It looks like it said in this NO S section, but I don't see anything. I think both the sharing of images and the concept of DURING as opposed to AFTER are great ideas. I will participate as well.
Kat :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:31 pm

Hey Krazy! Reinhard needs to make a special section but it still doesn't really exist... I'm sure he will soon!

Meanwhile my pics are on my daily checkin thread..
Page 33! LOL...

Have a groovy day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi Deb,

Here's side by side (the trick is keep the images on the same line). What I haven't figured out how to do is get them both to align at the top. Easiest thing might be to just resize them so they're identical in height.

ImageImage

Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:55 pm

Oh, P.S. congratulations! You've clearly slimmed down quite a bit. Looking forward to more "durings" from you and others.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:33 pm

I look like a NoS Godzilla!!! LOL...

Thanks Reinhard!
Carolejo posted them for me yesterday and many people had many lovely comments..
It would be great if somehow we could each have our own photos thread, in a section only for photos..

Then people could reply or add comments on our normal "Daily checkin thread", if they felt like responding...
This way, every few seasons we could update the the photo album and keep it consistent and only visual... Did that make any sense???

I'm fighting a virus now so my brain is having an interesting time trying to think! Must be what Richie started to get last Saturday... :evil:

It would end up looking like your photo page on the main NOS site...
Could photo's be shown on your site instead perhaps through a photos page link here? That would probably make things easier also, in terms of sizing them etc...

Thanks again Reinhard!
I have so much to be indebted to you.. It's really impossible to thank you enough...
Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Älskling

Post by Älskling » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:22 pm

Great job Deb! You look great! Your perseverance is paying off. I hope I make it as far as you have.

Maria

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:49 pm

Thank you Maria darling!
You have your whole life to get this right!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:37 pm

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Deb. I think this is a great idea.

If we do get a bunch of photos, I'll use them (only with express permission of course) to create a more formal "before and during gallery" like I suggested a while back.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=308

Don't be put off by all the rules I mention in the above link, it's probably best to just get some photos before cogitating too much about it.

Reinhard
Hey Carolejo and company.. I just dropped in to say hi!
I thought that people might want to see that Reinhard actually revised his thinking on all those restrictions for photos..
He want's them, so find some guys and send them off to Reinhard..
I wasn't able to make my before and durings be the same height since I didn't actually do the posting, and don't yet have a "flicker" account..
But the idea is to make them the same height so they can be posted in a side by side photo...
Obviously, if you post a photo of yourself after losing one or two pounds, we won't really see it! So let it be a photo which you feel personally reflects your good progress here on your NoS journey!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Hey, by the way miss Carolejo 21 day club lady.. Where's your "during"??? :wink:
And don't post a during picture where you are hiding behind an office plant!!! :lol: