In praise of coffee...and other No S "treats"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Elspeth

In praise of coffee...and other No S "treats"

Post by Elspeth » Wed May 12, 2010 2:29 pm

One of the things I love about No S is the way I've come to appreciate certain foods more. For me it is coffee. Prior to No S I used to drink a lot of coffee, particularly at work where we have a Keurig machine that makes individual cups of flavored coffee. The problem was that for me, "coffee" also meant some sweet treat: a doughnut or a muffin or a cookie...or three. Now that sweets are banished to weekends, I drink less coffee...but enjoy it more. I warm my hands on the cup and gratefully inhale the fragrance. I drink it slowly to make it last, and I savor each sip.

So I was wondering if others have had the same experience. What food or drink do you appreciate more since you started No S?

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Wed May 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Of course I appreciate my sweets more, but I even appreciate my regular meals more. I made a delicious home made grilled cheese and fries yesterday. This morning I had my egg white and cheese on a bagel (horror: carbs!) I never used to allow myself a real food meal. There was always a caveat: some fat free ingredient or soy cheese. No more. Everything tastes SO much better.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 am

When I offically dieted before, I had a similar experience in that fruits taste so incredibly sweet to me now, even though I still eat plenty of sugar sweets on S days. But I have had some heavenly apple slices and grapes like candy in the last few weeks. Glorious!
Last edited by oolala53 on Sun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun May 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Stuff I love on Ndays....

-Greek Yogurt. I buy it plain and add alittle peanut butter and jam.

-Bold brew coffee from Starbucks

-Any seasonal fruit, right now I'm loving strawberries.

-Trader Joes spicy lentil wraps. I love the roasted vegetable wraps too.

-Hint flavored water. There is no sugar or artifical flavors. Zero calories. All the flavors are good, I drink the blackberry one everyday.

-The best artisan cheese I can find. My new favorite is this raw milk cheese from Colorado. The cows are grass fed. When I'm working up there, I stop at the farm and buy a pound. It's fantastic! I add it to salads or my Trader Joe's wraps.

:D I'm getting hungry!
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.