Lunch at 11:30, dinner at 7:00!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

marlabe

Lunch at 11:30, dinner at 7:00!

Post by marlabe » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

It's a long time in between my lunch at 11:30 and my dinner at 7:00. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a piece of fruit before work, lunch, "breakfast" at about 4:30 when I get home then dinner. I hate to start making exceptions before I even (re)start the program!

I appreciate any and all help!
Marla

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 pm

You can institute a 4th mini meal in between lunch and dinner, and just make your dinner a little smaller. As Reinhard says in his book, there's no rule that says you have to eat 3 meals a day, that is just what works for most people.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 pm

It seems like in the book, he said it's important to stick to three meals a day to get your mind into that habit. The point is that thin people don't eat anything inbetween really. He said if you need to eat fruit seperate from your meal (like a few minutes before or after and don't want to put an orange next to your steak) then you can leave an imaginary space where it would fit on your plate. So maybe you could leave room on your lunch plate for that morning fruit, then have 'breakfast' at 4:30 then dinner.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 am

I'd suggest a fourth mini meal, like a fruit or salad with some cheese or nuts, at 4:30 or so like you mentioned.. that's a lot of hours in between meals.
No snacking is really a rule to keep from mindlessly non stop grazing randomly.. if you have a regular afternoon meal, that's small, it will probably help your overall progress in both the habit formation and keep you from being so ravenous by dinner that you over do it then.
Good luck! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Nichole

Re: Lunch at 11:30, dinner at 7:00!

Post by Nichole » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

marlabe wrote:It's a long time in between my lunch at 11:30 and my dinner at 7:00. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a piece of fruit before work, lunch, "breakfast" at about 4:30 when I get home then dinner. I hate to start making exceptions before I even (re)start the program!

I appreciate any and all help!
Marla
Wow, that's a lot like my schedule. I would say to eat something in between. You'll get a lot of different opinions; do what you feel is right for you!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

marlabe

What I did today

Post by marlabe » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 am

This is what I did today...had a banana before work, lunch, cereal and milk (without a banana) when I got home from work, then dinner. It worked pretty well. The only problem was that I didn't just take a plate for dinner...I took a little then a little more. I know it wasn't too much...but we are talking about establishing habits here, right?

Thanks for the help!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:11 am

It sounds like you're off to a good start, though! Just keep working at it, and the other habits should come in no time. :)