Beer?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

good enough

Beer?

Post by good enough » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:44 pm

I wonder if anyone can help... Is beer allowed on N Days? I mean just one (or two!) beers. And not every day. I assumed it was ok because it's not sweets, seconds or a snack, but now I'm not so sure?

Sorry if the answer's in the book but I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered! Thanks in advance! :D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Yes -- up to two daily is allowed.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:41 am

In terms of No-S, beer is allowed in whatever quantity you like. Glass Ceiling is a separate system to cut down your drinking, and allows two drinks per day.

No-S doesn't make reference to alcohol on the basis that there are worse health problems to worry about if your caloric intake from alcohol is high enough to affect your weight.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm German. I can't invent a diet that doesn't allow beer. :-)

There's a related "everyday system" called "glass ceiling" that I (and many others on this board) use to regulate alcohol consumption. The short version is you're allowed 2 drinks a day.

The long version is here:

http://www.everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=8

cheers,

Reinhard

good enough

Post by good enough » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks all! Good to know! :D

I don't very often drink during the week, and especially not more than 1 or 2 so hopefully I'll be ok. But if I do have a beer it has to be after I eat or it leads to all sorts of snacking mischief (as I was reminded last night...) :D

Thanks again for your help!