Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

poetgirl

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and diet

Post by poetgirl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm

:D Hi everyone, I'm brand new here (just signed up a few minutes ago) and I'm really excited about beginning the No S Diet. I tried it a few months ago in the summer, but simply stopped for no apparent reason. I loved the way it taught me portion/self control, and encouraged the 'stop snacking' aspect, which is where I need help the most. I also liked the way it just encouraged a healthy, normal relationship with food. I tried the Fast Five Diet and Intermittent Fasting, but that really didn't work. Guess what? I GAINED fifteen pounds. :( I was really disappointed, because I LOVE to fast, but my body just wasn't happy. I'm not technically [/i]overweight but I do want to keep my eating/weight in check because it's important to me. I've figured two/three meals a day (including breakfast) is essential for optimum health. I also love to run, so I'm going to make that a daily habit.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. My name is April, I'm 22 years old. I can't wait to start No Sing, I've started this morning by eating breakfast for the first time in weeks. :) I love the way this board is so active and friendly, I hope to meet supportive people on here. Have a good day, everyone.

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello and welcome!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Welcome!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Welcome! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

sidney202

Post by sidney202 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 am

Welcome!

How ironic it is that you tried the Fast 5 Diet! I was considering trying that, and was previewing it on Amazon when I came across the recommendation for NoS. I am so glad I ended up here instead. I suspect you will be too.
Last edited by sidney202 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poetgirl

Post by poetgirl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:19 pm

lol I thought I would lose tons of weight on the Fast Five Diet, but instead retained a WHOLE bunch of water, and probably a lot of weight, as well. I love to fast, but I figured the thing that brought me into the No S Diet was the fact that I love to sit and eat complete meals. Any other diet calls for snacking, which I don't want to do. It really is better to just eat three meals a day and exercise. :)