has anyone else modified the diet? *no sweets*

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shimmer86

has anyone else modified the diet? *no sweets*

Post by Shimmer86 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm following the no snacks & no seconds, but i don't want to follow the no sweets part. Has anyone else modified the diet, and has it worked for you? thanks :-)

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:44 am

I don't always follow no s perfectly and it is usually the sweets. I try though to have them fit on my plate for that meal. I run a lot so there is a little wiggle room. It is of course if I don't overdue. If I start feeling out of control I go back to only s days

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 am

I allow myself one S daily -- and it's usually a sweet.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 am

Personally, I'd say the S you don't want to do is the one you should. Whatever you fear about not having sweets will probably turn out not to be true, and that could be very valuable. A year ago, I wouldn't have thought I could forgo Christmas cookies at work, but it really wasn't an issue today. I did put a couple in a plastic bag and will freeze them for the weekend, but I didn't think about them after I passed them up. I never believed it could happen. Now I take it for granted.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 pm

oolala53 wrote:Personally, I'd say the S you don't want to do is the one you should.
I agree with this. The easiest diet to follow is one that sets rules you're already following. But if that were good enough, you wouldn't need to be looking for another diet. If you want to lose weight, you've got to change something. What you're doing now doesn't have you at your goal weight, or else why are you looking for other diets?

I had no problem with no sweets when I started No S- I had already been avoiding them for the most part. I had less problem with no snacks. My real problem was no seconds, making myself eat less at meals. I didn't like no seconds at first. But I did it, and it has gotten easier.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Shimmer,

There's been some good advice posted here already -- and a whole lot here in the mods & tweaks discussion:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2527

I've also done a whole "trilogy" of podcasts on the subject:

http://www.everydaysystems.com/podcast/

Best of luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes,

Reinhard

poetgirl

I do modify it

Post by poetgirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 pm

To be honest, I do modify the diet a little bit to fit my own mindset. For example, if I want a sweet, I simply add it into one of my meals. Ido not eat seconds, and I do not take whole 'S' days (yet.) I have been around the block diet-wise, and I realize that as soon as I see No S as a 'diet' where certain things are bad, and I'm not allowed them, this becomes a diet and I end up breaking it. My goal is to create an entire lifestyle out of this. That's how one creates health for themselves, not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, etc. 'Mods' of No S are allowed, there is an entire thread created for its purpose. :) This 'diet' is extremely versatile.