My clothes feel tight

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

My clothes feel tight

Post by gettheweightoff » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 am

Oh no, my clothes feel tight and I fear I may have gained a bit this past week. Feeling a little panicked.

I have been very hungry and my plates are a little fuller this week. I do think it is better for me to eat a little bit more than to go crazy and binge eat which is what I normally do when I'm hungry and then fall off of a diet.

Also, I haven't been drinking much water and I have increased my coffee consumption.

I'm trying very hard not to count calories or worry too much about this but obviously coffee and cream is going to add up in calories.

So, I'm going to have to cut down on the coffee until I can quit again as I just get so addicted to it and want it all the time.

Although I have some anxiety and feel worried I am up in weight I am going to stick this through as you never know if next week I am not as hungry.

Someone mentioned the 9" diet on another post and I think that sounds interesting but only once I've completed 21 days vanilla and then perhaps another go round of 21 days vanilla so I can get the habit down first (see I'm learning).

Thanks for reading, just feeling nervous and needed to get it out instead of keeping it to myself and falling off plan.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 am

I'd just wait it out and not make any modifications (9" plates, for instance) yet.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 am

I know. I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

I just want to get the weight off so badly and I sometimes freak out because I'm not watching my calories and get nervous that this won't work even though I was down 2 last week.

I just have to eat healthy, reasonable portions and reduce all that coffee w cream as that has always been my downfall on many other plans (particularly Atkins).

Maybe I keep telling myself I have to quit which is why I keep drinking more and more.

I'm just not good at restrictions so I have no choice but to keep at vanilla no-s.

Sienna

Post by Sienna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am

Also, I haven't been drinking much water and I have increased my coffee consumption.
I'd say there is a good chance a lot of what you are feeling is water retention. Not drinking a lot of water + drinking a lot of coffee is a recipe for water weight gain. The good news about water weight is that while it will make your clothes fit tighter, it's not fat gain.

Just try to up the water (cutting down on the coffee is a bonus, but start with the positive goal of more water and worry about restrictions once you have a better handle on the NoS habits) and not stress for now.
Finally a diet that I can make a lifestyle!

Started June 2010
6/27/2010 - 226 lbs
10/17/2010 - 203 lbs - 10% weight loss goal!
1/29/2011 - 182 lbs - 2nd 10% weight loss goal!
5/29/2011 - 165 lbs - 3rd 10% weight loss goal! (one more to go)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:29 am

How much coffee with cream are you drinking?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm

4 cups a day

i was always a 1 cup person so i don't know what happened that it turned into 3-4