My Pyramid.Gov

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

My Pyramid.Gov

Post by Over43 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:01 am

I had to work through an assignmet today with a group of kids. Their mission? Go to mypyramid.gov and workout a daily menu/plan to meet their caloric needs.

:shock:

We had to work to stuff that much food into them. I started to make my own plan for fun. I was amazed at the amount of food, and snacks was suggested I suck down.

I know that every food lobby in the country has input on that, but good grief...
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

amake616

Post by amake616 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 am

I believe it. I had to take a Nutrition and Digestion science class and when we had to figure out a meal plan for ourselves based on the MyPyramid plan, mine was "complete" enough for a good grade at like 2500 calories a day!

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:18 am

I just had a quick look and the quantity of food they suggest is a bit high for me. I prefer this one, anyway.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.