Starting Today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sharon

Starting Today

Post by sharon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:22 pm

This is just what I need. I was saying to my husband the few times I have been in the hospital I always get decent size meals much bigger breakfasts and lunches than I eat daily/ I alwys feel satisfied. So I was just going to start eating fuller breakfasts and lunches with all the food groups. For me it is all in the planning. I love veggies but often don't take the time to prepare them. Fruit I like at room temp but often do't leave some on the counter. And most importantly I need to not eat until I am sitting down at the table. Not when I am preparing it.

I look forward to meeting you all.
Take Care,
Sharon

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Welcome, Sharon.

Eating meals instead of snacks is hardly a new concept -- if it seems novel it's only because it's much too old-fashioned, boring and obvious for the legions of quick fix diets and their secret formulae. I hope you'll find it as enjoyable and effective as I do.

Reinhard

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:33 am

Welcome Sharon! Good to have you aboard! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:13 am

Sharon

Welcome to the Simple Life that No S brings
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Kevin

Sharon

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:31 am

Welcome, and good luck. Let us know if you need anything.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

sharon

K.I.S.S Keep It Simple Stupid

Post by sharon » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks I am loving the freedom this gives me. I don't have to think what do I want to eat, am I hungry, why am I eating...It is just freeing me up quite a bit. Yes it is something that I've heard a million times but sometimes just click when they are presented in a certain way and so far this has clicked.
Take Care,
Sharon

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Hey Sharon!
I love that name :)
Welcome!!!

Yeah... the whole "clicking" thing seems to happen for most people with NoS.. It's definitely a divinely inspired plan!
What's more,,, it's fun!
Reinhard is a bonified genius...
Good luck and here's to a healthy you!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb