Introduction and Hello!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Andie

Introduction and Hello!

Post by Andie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello All,

I've been lurking on the board for a while and wanted to introduce myself. I've known about no s for a while, and have been following it somewhat strictly since the end of January. I'm 28, and I just had my second child on January 7th. I am breastfeeding, so no s is a really great moderate plan for me. I'm 5'2", and after my weight stabilized about a month after my son's birth I weighed 215lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 207.

Currently, I weigh 201.6lbs, so I am down 13lbs in just under 2 months! I lost about 5 lbs the first week, so I may still have been losing some water weight. I've slowed down to about a pound a week now. My Dr. is fine with this, he says as long as my milk supply is not affected I should continue to lose as much weight as I can to get down to a lower weight for my health. (I luckily have a very abundant milk supply!) I would be at the high end of the healthy BMI range for my height at 140 lbs, so I am aiming for a goal weight of about 135-140lbs.

I am so happy to have found this system, and am so thankful to Reinhard for sharing it with the world through his book and this website. I've always been a bit of an "all or nothing" person, so whenever I've fallen off a diet in the past I've gotten discouraged and stopped trying. With this system you can practice perfect moderation! Also, my main issues contributing to my weight problem have always been snacks and sweets. I grew up learning how to cook healthy meals, and I do so for my family, and I already ate moderate portions at meals. I just used to permasnack all day long! I would grab handfulls of raisins, nuts or a slice of cheese several times between meals, and would bring home and eat junk food when I was stressed, celebrating, board, whatever. So anyway, I believe this is the perfect plan for me.

I have been inspired by all of your successes, thank you!
Back after a long hiatus.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Image Hi Andie, and good-luck with your No S efforts.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I also used to eat because I was stressed or bored. I think No S is a great plan for people who do those things.

Becoming

Post by Becoming » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm

I wish I'd found No-S right after the birth of my daughter. I weigh almost exactly the same as I did the day I got home from the hospital, and that was 2 years ago! I've only been doing No-S for a little while and it's done wonders for establishing healthy habits. I'm confident that the weight will start to shift soon.

Welcome Andie! Good luck with your No-S journey, and also for that exhausting, but magical time with a new baby.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome and good luck! Congratulations on your new baby :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Welcome to the boards, a new baby - how wonderful. I am happy that you are trying to be a good role model (and I am sure you will need all the energy you can get with a new little one to chase around.) I am certain that you are on the road to a healthier lifestyle.

:wink:
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Welcome Andie and many congratulations on the birth of your new baby! Glad you have decided to join us! You will LOVE the No S Plan! It's the best eating plan there is!!

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:29 am

NoSRocks wrote:You will LOVE the No S Plan! It's the best eating plan there is!!
Would you go so far as to say that it ... rocks? :)

Reduk74

Post by Reduk74 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:24 am

Nice meeting you Andie and a huge congrats on your new little bundle! Enjoy this time!

hootski

Post by hootski » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Andie. I'm a newbie too, AND an all or nothing girl. Sounds like you're doing great!
Heidi

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120.6
I'm a veganesque type girl who tries to follow the Nutritarian lifestyle for the sake of good health and energy. One can only be so good for so long, that's why the No-S-Diet is perfect!

Andie

Post by Andie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)
Back after a long hiatus.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello Andie!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Welcome, Andie (and Heidi)!

Congratulations on your baby!

One of the things that's shocked me as a parent is how much greater the pressure to cram your kids with snacks is than the pressure for adults to cram themselves (which is bad enough). Although I haven't been able to categorically resist it, I have blunted it a bit by making the "snacks" the kids get on my watch discreet and meal-like (with tables, plates, and rebranding like "second breakfast" and "appetizer plates"). In terms of stuff, I've found that slicing or shredding and adding "dips" for healthy things makes them palatable to the suspicious little monsters. A bit of visual presentation goes a long way.

On a related note, "S-days" are a humane, flexible and kid-comprehensible concept for limiting certain treats. We'd have daily battles over nutella and halloween candy if it weren't for S-days.

Reinhard