Normal!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

librarylady

Normal!

Post by librarylady » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Last night I was feeling light - not light-headed just lighter than I had been feeling for some time. Clothes seemed looser and there just didn't seem to be as much me as before. So although I don't weigh during the week on the whole, waiting until Friday, I decided to chance the scale. Whoo! I am now in a normal BMI - down 13 pounds since the beginning of the year! Of course I am just in the normal range - 24.7 to be precise, and I know that one big meal could tip me back into 25, but I am getting there.

I had lost 45 pounds a few years ago, but could not maintain. I think the maintenance problem stemmed from the fact that I had essentially done the No S diet (without knowing about it), but had done it 7 days a week. So when I felt able to restore treats to my diet, I had no plan to keep them under control. I feel much more in control this time.

I want to lose about 10 more pounds if possible, but I am not in a rush - slow and steady. And get those habits under control

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Congratulations! Have you considered writing a "testimonial", if you haven't already? You qualify under the "rule of ten" guideline (ten months or ten pounds or ten percent of your weight) ...

BrightAngel

Re: Normal!

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 pm

librarylady wrote:Whoo! I am now in a normal BMI - down 13 pounds since the beginning of the year!
Of course I am just in the normal range - 24.7 to be precise.

I want to lose about 10 more pounds if possible, but I am not in a rush -
slow and steady. And get those habits under control
Congratulations librarylady. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Congrats!! :) That's a milestone!

(And what Dave said about the testamonial!)

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Way to go!!!!! That's wonderful!!!! :D

Laura

chickadee11

Post by chickadee11 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:41 pm

You're an inspiration!!

Keep up those habits :lol: :lol: !!

ruxpin55

Post by ruxpin55 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Awesome, way to go!!

I second that you are in inspiration!!!

you can get those last few pounds (show them who's boss!)
Jamie
--------------------
God is most glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him.
"Why do you spend your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance.
(Isaiah 55:2)

librarylady

Post by librarylady » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks everyone! I have been trying to ramp up my exercise but like all of us (I suspect) I find it hard to find the time. I have gotten back on the treadmill and have managed to walk 30 minutes a few days a week (uphill all the way!). I also have had the chance to walk the dog for his accustomed 3-5 mile walks - and when one walks with my dog one really moves!

I think I am lucky in that I must walk quite a bit as part of my everyday routine. I take two trains to get to work which entails a lot of going up and down stairs and running to make connections. Even when I arrive at my final morning station, I have a 5 block walk to work. I also run around the library a lot - a librarian's work is not exactly sedentary. I volunteer to be the one who goes up with the students to the stacks when they can't locate a book - and I never take the elevator. I'm hoping now that the weather is getting better to take up walking the track at lunch. I used to do it a few years ago and got out of the habit.

Seeing results like I have with No S will help to motivate me!

Becoming

Post by Becoming » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 pm

I love reading other peoples success stories! Congratulations, librarylady, and good luck with the last 10 pounds :)

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

Congratulations! That's great news!

Julie