Habitcal app?!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

milliem

Habitcal app?!

Post by milliem » Sun May 22, 2011 6:51 am

So, I've been pondering how to record my N and S days when I go away on an extended holiday later this year. Although I'll have access to a netbook and wifi, I'm not sure how much time I'll have for logging on to the website. Given that I'll be away for 5 weeks I want to mostly try and keep to NoS, with maybe a modification or two.

Has anyone come across an Android app for tracking habits that would work similarly to habitcal? I've been investigating but I can't find anything that lets me mark anything equivalent to green days, red days and S days.....

Or, has anyone technologically minded considered developing one?!

Sixty

Post by Sixty » Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Just bring a small pocket calendar on vacation with you, and make a small check-mark when you complete a target habit. That's also how I track my regular workouts.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun May 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Can't you log into the site on your Android? All it takes is a browser app.

(I do that on my iPhone.)

Edited to add: Five weeks! Wow! Sounds like you have something truly wonderful planned. Enjoy, and tell us when you can!

milliem

Post by milliem » Sun May 22, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm going to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup later this year :) VERY excited about it!!

I'm pretty forgetful so the less stuff I have to carry around with me the better to be honest. I always have my phone around which is why I was thinking it might be useful to have a quick app to mark things off on it while I'm using my phone anyway rather than remembering to take and keep handy a pen and paper.

I'm also a bit worried that I'll forget to zone into a wireless network and use my data connection which would land me with a quite hefty bill! An app doesn't need a data connection once it's downloaded....

Although if I bookmarked my habitcal edit page and remembered to use it when I have wifi to access, that might work :)

Mandy55

Post by Mandy55 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:02 pm

There's an iPhone app called streaks that I've used. You could see if it might work for you.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 24, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm working on it -- ETA for a beta release is June.

I was hoping to make it my final project for the mobile programming course I just wrapped up but they made that project optional which made it too easy to defer (0 people in my section submitted a final project).

But between the class wrapping up and my having recently ticked off some big professional deadlines I should have some extra bandwidth to finally bang this out.

Reinhard

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh amazing! Ah I'm glad someone is technologically minded, I looked at the google 'app inventor' and I think a small part of my brain exploded....