check in's

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jellybeans01

check in's

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:06 pm

those yearly check-in's or 6 month check-in's, I lOVE those! I wish there were more. They are always so inspirational. I check almost daily to see if there is a new one. So far it has been awhile :(.

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 am

Same here -- I'd love to read some stories of people who have lost weight on just No S (i.e. no calorie or other kind of tracking on the side). It's inspiring to read those stories, especially when we're feeling discouraged -- it reminds us that it is possible.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Same here!

I hope you all remember that it's a "check-in", not a one-time testimonials area, so feel free to give us an update on how things are going.

And don't worry if you don't have striking successes to report -- "no news is good news" as far as maintenance is concerned, and we'd love to hear about it. Difficulties are also important to hear about, so don't spare us!

Reinhard

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 pm

I love reading them too. I guess I should actually write one at some point.
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

you should miss sophiasapientia, your a successful skinny mini on this diet. You have been a inspiration for me. I was curious how long it took you to lose the weight.

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 pm

My two-year testimonial is coming up in July, and it's going to be *awesome*. :)

(Short version: after losing 20 pounds the first year and getting to where I wanted to be, I weigh exactly the same now as I did last July. Assuming I don't suddenly put on weight in the next month, that will probably be the gist of my report. OK, so it's not *incredibly* awesome, but it's much better than "I gained it all back".)

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue May 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Dave, I thnk maintenance is a much bigger victory than losing it in the first place! Congratulations!

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks so much for your kind words Jellybeans & CONGRATULATIONS your little one on the way .... So, so exciting! :D ... Looking back to last year, I think it took me just over 5 months to drop 20 lbs. I've maintained that loss since then but I did drop as low as the high one-teens at one point and have been bouncing around between the low to mid 120s over the past months. (I changed some habits and got a bit sloppy with my No S habits over the winter.) Still plugging away, figuring this out and trying to focus on moderation/strictness with habit... :wink:

DaveMc -- Your upcoming 2 year report sounds awesome to me! Way to go!!!! :D

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:29 am

Hear! Hear, everybody!!!

By the way - thank you so much for popping in and keeping us updated on your awesome progress and continuing success with the No S plan, sophiasapienta!! You are such an inspiration to me, hon and it is wonderful to hear from you again!!!

Just FYI: still on the No S plan myself but stuck at 170 lbs (at least I think that's how much I weigh cos I haven't been weighing this past week or so). This week, i have been trying to up the exercise a bit. Just more walking basically but taking a slightly different/longer route. We;ll see how it goes. I am enjoying the walking so far but have been tempted to stray from the No S plan a couple of times. So far, I have managed to keep on the straight and narrow and I have no doubt this is entirely down to this fabulous board and all the inspirational and encouraging posts on here. THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Take care, sophiasapienta and once again, all the very best to you and yours :)
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Roxy -- Hey there! Thanks so much for the well wishes & right back at you with 'em... It so, so nice to "see" you and it sounds like you are doing so well with you your consistency level and exercise! You'll have to let me know how the added walking works for you ... I'm committed to being "around" and updating my check-in thread on a daily basis so I hope to see you lots and that you keep posting, whatever happens. :wink: :D

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:29 am

Hi again, sophiasapienta!! Thanks again for your support :) Much needed and appreciated!! So glad to hear that you will continue to post threads from time to time because I really do miss your posts!! However, I know life is so hectic these days that it isn't always possible to post on a regular basis. I, too, haven't been posting as much lately but I am indeed still very much on the No S plan. Its almost automatic now, particularly the non snacking on N days, I am pleased to report. I do still get fed up that my weight is stuck on 170 and sometimes goes up to 175! - makes me antsy and frustrated and as often as not, I think of joining WW or JC (voted the top diet??? did you see the ad???) as I think it will get me jump started... but I have tried these methods in the past, hardly lost anything and anything I did lose, went straight back on again.
Sorry - kind of drifting off topic here: will continue to walk as much as possible and let you guys know if it makes any difference. Haven't been as consistent with the extra walking this week as I had hoped, unfortunately. Couldn't be helped since I had errands to run etc. plus work of course. I get to walk somewhat during break(s) but nowhere near my goal of 10 k plus per day on working days. I get too tired once I get home to do any sort of exercise, not even the treadmill these days. Once again, diet i.e. what we eat on a daily basis is indeed very important for determining weight, however (imo) exercise plays just as big a part if not even more of a role in maintaining a 'good' figure.

On that note, goodnight everyone and all the best for the forthcoming No S weekend....Yippee!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

Roxy -- PMed you. :D

I went ahead and posted my testimonial and Clarica shared her great success in reaching her 10% goal. :wink:

FWIW, I think the lack of overall responses on these testimony threads might deter folks from sharing their stories. There are quite a few threads with TONS of views and 0 to a handful of responses. Honestly, I know that this deterred me from sharing my story. It is hard to put yourself out there and then get minimal feedback. **shrugs** This is unfortunate because I suspect that the "Annual Updates" can be a great source of encouragement to prospective No Sers, newbies and old-timers alike. :wink: :idea:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Complain and ye shall be abundantly satisfied.

Links to Sophia's and Clarica's recent updates:

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU BOTH!

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7703

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7705
FWIW, I think the lack of overall responses on these testimony threads might deter folks from sharing their stories. There are quite a few threads with TONS of views and 0 to a handful of responses.
Let's work on this!

Reinhard