Crazy Aunt Purl, on Walking

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Who Me?

Crazy Aunt Purl, on Walking

Post by Who Me? » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 am

I'm a huge fan of the blogger, Crazy Aunt Purl, and she just wrote a really great essay on walking. Sounds dumb, right? Not at all. She's funny and wise, and crazy-wry. As they say, "You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll experience many emotions."

http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/archives/2 ... y_i_ju.php

I'm not doing proper linking, since I'm writing from my phone.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 am

I just read it..you are right, it is funny..wise..very appropriate for a No S frame of mind! thanks Who for sharing!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 am

Did you notice her reference to her former life as a garden slug?

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 am

Oh yes I did! I know that feeling well,,thanks for reminding me!! :roll:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 pm

I've started doing more walking, mainly because the bike trails are underwater. :( Per Urban Ranger, walking is as much transportation as exercise for me. I am going to attempt to walk to work 2-3 times a week.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 pm

I enjoyed that a great deal.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

That is a really charming piece! I'm going to go on and read more of her blog.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Oh, I want to read more as well. :wink:

I just came back from a brisk, very brisk - like a mountain hike - walk on my lunch hour. I work in a small town that has lots of very steep hills (paved in a beautiful residential area). It was warm and breezy but I saw almost no traffic, the yards were beautiful with their flowers in bloom and I came back exhausted and breathing heavily. I exercise heavy every night using various machines but nothing compares to a brisk hike outdoors.
Berry