3rd Times a Charm

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Alopex29

3rd Times a Charm

Post by Alopex29 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

I am restarting No S for the third time, and I really plan on making this the last time.

When I first read No S, I was one of those people that was like, yes of course...this makes sooo much sense, why have I not been doing this before? But, I am also the person that gets impatient with weight loss, and I start thinking, if I do this or that, I will lose the weight quickly, and then I will use NoS for maintenance. However, that doesn't work, years later, I'm still the same weight I was before trying to do it quickly.

I plan to really stick with NoS this time. Even slow weight loss is way better than staying the same year after year.

I have a lot to lose, but I am ready to stay the course. :)

M's sick of dieting

Post by M's sick of dieting » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:14 pm

You and I have the same problem, I want the results now! But I've dieted for so long I just hate it now, and have trouble sticking to anything. So I too, am back at it (no s) determined to develop good eating habits, and be ok with slow weight loss. Cause at the end of the day, if you can't stick to a plan it's not gonna work. Good luck!!! We can do it:)

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I just went through a "grit my teeth and stay on no s" phase of frustration, it lasted about three weeks. I can tell when it happens, because I start weighing myself every day, instead of once a week. I still only record it once a week, but start looking every day as if something will be "happening" magically right in front of my eyes.

The temptation to be "doing something" is so hard to resist! After a while on no s, it doesn't feel like I'm working on anything anymore. And that's cool and all, I like that it's uncomplicated, with nothing to remember or think about other than "eating is for mostly for meals". BUT the problem-solving part of me wants to get in on the action and be "doing something".

ellgee

Post by ellgee » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Oh my goodness! We are quadruplets! I know exactly how you all feel and am back to No S after three months of chasing diets and actually GAINING weight!

I am going to try to stay off the scale, too. It determines my mood and my day in a very unhealthy way. Once a week should be plenty but it's gonna be hard!
Laura