No S Needs... Celebrities!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blithe Morning

No S Needs... Celebrities!

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 am

Ok, maybe No S doesn't need celebrities. But in the diet world, celebrities are the marketing ticket the diet corporations are looking for:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/fashi ... l?src=recg

Maybe I could make a Youtube video with my cat (Note to self, get a cat) and then become famous.

Unless someone else already has a cat.

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:17 am

I think you should forget the cat and follow your dreams and do a Dutch oven cookery diet book! First buy stock in a Dutch oven company (as will I!) One pot meals...use campfire or solar oven... I think I just gave you a million dollar idea!
( FYI:I hit the wrong icon and went to your info.. that's how I knew.. :wink: )
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Grammy G wrote:I think you should forget the cat and follow your dreams and do a Dutch oven cookery diet book! First buy stock in a Dutch oven company (as will I!) One pot meals...use campfire or solar oven... I think I just gave you a million dollar idea!
( FYI:I hit the wrong icon and went to your info.. that's how I knew.. :wink: )
I strongly disagree with the idea of a "diet" book. Unless you're talking "diet" as in how one eats as opposed to an artificially devised way of eating for weight loss or health.

When I was reading The Jungle Effect the author mentioned a man she met who had one cooking vessel: a cast iron pot. If he couldn't cook something in that pot, he didn't eat it. Makes you realize how much we've over-complicated cooking -- and eating.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh,Wosnes, I was just being silly! I was looking for a way for Blithe to "get-rich-quick" and I think the work "diet" in a book title causes those who haven't found their path to buy it! I was adding the solar cooking for the same reason.. just seemed like a $$ combination to me!!
In reality, I do think many have gotten too complicated with their cooking and saucing. I am a very basic cook with the belief that if you buy good ingredients, you should let them shine!
Also let me note..my son in CA does cook in his Dutch oven using only solar power when he is home and the campfire when they are camping. He usually does a veggie/protein type stew but made a veggie lasagna not too long ago that he said was wonderful (it looked yummy!) :idea: If Blithe chooses not to do the cookbook :( , I will pass the suggestion on to him!
sorry. Blithe ..I really didn't mean to start any projects for you.. or my son..just blather going on here!! :roll:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

BrightAngel

Re: No S Needs... Celebrities!

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:Maybe I could make a Youtube video with my cat (Note to self, get a cat) and then become famous.

Unless someone else already has a cat.
I would LOVE to see a YouTube video of you and your (new) cat.

ImageI've found making YouTube videos for DietHobby
  • ...."Recipes", "Words of Wisdom", and "Ask Grandma"...
to be great fun.

In fact, I'm really excited because...
due to my (partial) recovery from the broken wrist I suffered on Good Friday this April,
today I plan to attempt to shoot another Recipes video, for the first time since that injury.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 am

You need to figure out a way to charge for an empty bag and call it a no-S snack.
Lisa, mom to 7

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Joyofsix wrote:You need to figure out a way to charge for an empty bag and call it a no-S snack.
Brilliant!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Joyofsix wrote:You need to figure out a way to charge for an empty bag and call it a no-S snack.
Hahaha!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

SunCat

Post by SunCat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm

LOL!

Like Bright Angel, we're doing our part trying to make our blog a success. No youtube videos for now, but we're getting a lot of views - and not all from this board :)

We've been at it for about six weeks and as of this morning, have had 850 viewers from about 15 different countries.