No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gardengrl

Post by gardengrl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi everyone! My husband and I just started No S last week after reading about it online and coming to the No S website. I ordered the book and got it last week as well.

I have to say, this has been one of the easiest, most natural diets I've ever tried! I've taken to it like a fish to water. My husband is struggling though with wanting to snack and eat sweets. We both have a significant amount of weight to lose (50+ lbs. each) and are fairly active despite our extra weight.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around "normal meals," as it feels like I'm eating way more than I used to. I'm not overloading my plate, but I get full easily. I guess I relied on snacking more than I realized, but it's been easy for me to give it up, strange huh?

This past weekend, we did really well and had a treat (or 2 :wink: ). We didn't binge or go crazy. We're both looking forward to making this well needed change.
"Your dreams, your desires are not too big for you. They are just the right size." - Regina Thomashauer

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Welcome Gardengrl!

Tell hubby it DOES get easier.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Welcome!

Yes, the stricter you are, the faster it gets easier. It's all about building the habit.

If weekends get difficult, I think I've (only recently) hit on a great solution. See my most recent mods & tweaks discussion entry here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... 419#105419

Keeps you from going into garbage disposal mode just because you can.

But I wouldn't worry too much about weekends. N-days are the important thing.

Reinhard

3-0-7 girl

new too

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I am new too having just discovered this and ordered the book over the holiday weekend :lol:

Been reading post like crazy too and I love it.

I also took to this like a fish to water. I admit I am doing it the same way I did NOSdiet before it had a name for about 5 or 6 years in the early 90's.

I eat 3 meals a day no seconds nothing at all other than diet coke water etc. in between. I will have a shot glass of OJ if I have a blood sugar reading too low (juvenile diabetic here). I have a small bite size cookie, candy, etc. after lunch or dinner daily and sometimes have a 4 oz glass of red wine with dinner. Yesterday was my birthday and I had a real small peice of cake, probably 3-4 bites. I don't splurge on weekends I keep to the same profile and it works like crazy for me!!!!!!!!!!!! Worked for years so I know it will work again and it IS working. This is day 3 success, success, success. 8)

I am a happy girl.
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

gardengrl

Thanks everyone!

Post by gardengrl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I've only had one weekend to try No S days, so the snacking didn't really come up as an issue. Hubby and I are both kind of food snobs, so if we're gonna have something sweet, we both want it to be something that's worth it, not wasted calories.
"Your dreams, your desires are not too big for you. They are just the right size." - Regina Thomashauer

SunCat

Post by SunCat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 pm

From one 'food snob' to another - welcome :)