I'm back (again!)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shirls

I'm back (again!)

Post by Shirls » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello everybody. I think I've tried everything now and I'm tired of tracking calories and following weird diets. I really, really know what my downfall is and that is snacks and cookies. And that's because of tiny little breakfasts, no real lunches and"grab anything" dinners.

So I've come to the conclusion that NoS is the last chance (dining) saloon. Also I've deleted a few habits from my HabitCal to focus on the NoS plan and decluttering. The latter is a great way to forget about nibbling for a few hours. :P
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Welcome back, Shirls. Too many habits at once sets me up for failure. I'm trying to do No S and some Flylady stuff and find myself not doing either one very well.

So, I am going back to doable fitness and focusing on just a few Flylady habits: shiny sink, hotspots, weekly home blessing, and before bed routine. Swish & swipe, basic weekly plan, and all the rest will be very hit and miss.

Too solid flesh

Re: I'm back (again!)

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Shirls wrote:I've deleted a few habits from my HabitCal to focus on the NoS plan and decluttering.
Welcome back, Shirls.

And thanks to you and Blithe Morning for the tip: I had been planning to add some more habits to my HabitCal, but now I'll hold off!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Shirls

Thanks

Post by Shirls » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks so much for your welcome. I look forward to roaming boards again.
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 am

Welcome back, Shirls! I think too many habits at any time set us up for failure.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."