weird dreams

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ani33

weird dreams

Post by Ani33 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 am

Last night I dreamt I was binging, and unlike a real binge I was enjoying every bite. This was very like when I gave up smoking I contantly dreamed about smoking. Im taking this as very positive - not like Im addicted to binging more like my body is saying farewell to it, even if it might miss it for a while as a coping mechanism.

Goodbye binging - hello loving food and moderation!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 pm

It's weird, I still get this kind of dream once in a while. I'll catch myself stuffing myself and realize it's an N-day. Or I'll blow way past the glass ceiling. They're never positive dreams, either. It's always an unpleasant, shocking, realization. But I, too, think this is a good sign. It's so improbably that I'll actually do any of these things, that the activities are relegated to Freudian dreamland.

(And don't worry, I don't get these too often. It's not like I'm tormented by my No-s dreams -- I think it's more like the central casting of my unconscious has so little other material to work with thanks to how well things are going in general that it has to resort to this. Gotta have bad dreams about SOMETHING, right?)

Reinhard

SunCat

Post by SunCat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 pm

That's interesting. When I was dieting -which in my case was more like starving - I was always dreaming of eating. Something I wasn't allowing myself to do in waking hours.

I have noticed on nights I've eaten earlier - so gone to bed more hungry - I have really strange dreams.

M's sick of dieting

Post by M's sick of dieting » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Once when I was trying a low-carb diet I had a dream I was eat a whole pan of brownies by myself:)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Too funny! I remember dreams quite frequently, so I'm surprised that I don't think I've had one of those... maybe I should go to sleep concentrating on NO S. Maybe it would help to sort through the garbage in my head subconciously. :?:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me