Doing no S on my own time

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

freegirl

Doing no S on my own time

Post by freegirl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:18 am

Hello my fellows no S-ers,

I am new here. I started no S on October 10. I am tracking sweets, snacks and seconds separately - snacks are the biggest challenge for me. I am also tracking gym and yoga/relaxation/meditation.

Right now I have a lot of failures. But I am not discouraged. I trust that full no S will 'kick in' eventually. It's not that I am not trying, but waiting for a miracle; I just don't want to force anything on myself by sheer willpower. I want to come to a point where I am more comfortable doing it by the rules than not doing it right.

Does this make sense to anybody?

lavie

Post by lavie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 am

I'm working slowly in the no-s direction. I don't do seconds, and I've mostly cut out snacks. But once in a while, I slip up. And I don't beat myself up over it. I also have one small sweet every day . . . and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to give that up. But I think about the rules, and I have learned a lot from them. I think if it works for you, keep going :)

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 am

Three calendars is a great idea. Others have done it, and I know that would have worked great for my early days. It is hard to mark a red when you just have one S event (like one snack). However, if you can mark green on 2 calendars and red on only one, it shows your progress better. You need to be able to see success. Success breeds more success.

As time goes on you may find yourself tracking less because you do not need that level of reinforcement, but it is a great idea at the beginning.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Waiting for a miracle, huh?

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 pm

No S is your miracle :idea: :lol:
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

determined

Post by determined » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Welcome!

I ask everyone who is knew if they've read the book....I think I've gone through it about 5 times & get something new everytime I do.

Much success to you!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

ksbrowne

Re: Doing no S on my own time

Post by ksbrowne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 pm

freegirl wrote:Hello my fellows no S-ers,

I am new here. I started no S on October 10. I am tracking sweets, snacks and seconds separately - snacks are the biggest challenge for me. I am also tracking gym and yoga/relaxation/meditation.

Right now I have a lot of failures. But I am not discouraged. I trust that full no S will 'kick in' eventually. It's not that I am not trying, but waiting for a miracle; I just don't want to force anything on myself by sheer willpower. I want to come to a point where I am more comfortable doing it by the rules than not doing it right.

Does this make sense to anybody?
Yes, it makes perfect sense to me. I prefer to gradually change my eating habits. As long as I'm doing better than I was, I consider that a success.

It was easy for me to cut out second helpings. Snacks were a little more challenging, but I've made it and now that's easy, too. (Even on S days. I never snack or have seconds.)

Sweets, I cut down to one small sweet a day, after dinner. It works for me. Even on S days, that's all I have.

When I was a little girl, back in the sixties, this is how my family ate, and we were all skinny.