Protein Shakes

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

Protein Shakes

Post by Jayhawk28 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:41 pm

So the beauty of No S is as long as I stay within the habit, I can eat whatever I want. My first month in November was great. I ate a lot of really tasty food and only slipped once......a fried mushroom at a happy hour. I didn't work out and I stayed the same weight.

For the past few days, I've simply been having a protein shake for breakfast. I found them on sale and they were in my fridge. I don't feel restricted having them.....the choice is one of making a healthy choice rather than feeling deprived. Case in point.....I still had a big plate of nachos for dinner.

My point is that anytime I have a protein shake or a grilled chicken salad with olive oil instead of a hamburger........I'm actually choosing to do so out of a sense of wellness. I don't feel like I have to out of a sense of deprivation. I feeled more balanced with food than I have in a long time.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:37 pm

I think that's perfect. Truth is no one is somehow magically getting to eat higher calories than they need on No S and still lose weight. The habits (and I swear it's the longer gap between meals) help regulate our natural appetites so that we realize over time we need less and our bodies start tapping into their stores of fat.

If someone told you that you HAD to have a protein shake for breakfast, you'd probably balk, even though it is enough to satisfy you, but you have no reason to buck against yourself. And it's possible after a time you may need more or less in the morning depending on how the routine of the rest of your day goes.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:38 am

I agree with Oolala completely.

I confess I had to smile at how happy you sound over finding this solution, in part because I would drink a protein shake only at gunpoint. But you can choose to, and I can choose not to, and we're both doing perfect No-S. Isn't that level of flexibility rather marvelous?

Congrats on finding what works for you.