I'm Free!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Haleybeaa

I'm Free!

Post by Haleybeaa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here but have decided to introduce myself and become an active part of this wonderful community :).

A little history: I have been on diets my entire life, turned 40 this year, work full time,and have two very small children. Dietwise, I've tried everything: low carb, low fat, slim fast, calorie counting, and most recently Weght Watchers. I was successful with WW this year, lost 40 lbs and recently became a lifetime member.

A few weeks ago I went into WW to weigh in after a perfect week of counting points and had gained ! :roll: I didn't understand why. Plus I was sick of counting everything that was going in my mouth. I was eating so much cauliflower ( since it had zero points) that my husband told me he couldn't stand it anymore and just wanted me to eat a normal meal.

I had tried No S in the past with several false starts but decided to try again a few weeks ago. At first, it was so hard. I was used to constant grazing. I was starving and counting the minutes until meal times, but it got easier every day. I made normal delicious food for my family from real cookbooks . I am learning to enjoy food and tolerate some hunger. I've only had a few S days under my belt and they have been a bit over the top but I'm doing better.

Before I started No S this time, I told myself I just wanted to be free of dieting and the constant worry, guilt, and beating myself up. I decided that if I gained weight on No S, so be it. I just wanted to be free, enjoy my food and enjoy my family while sticking to this plan for life.

This morning, I decided to weigh myself. I was sure I had gained, afterall, I was eating normal ( not diet) food and full plates 3x a day. Well guess what? I hadn't gotten on the scale since that horrible day at WW and I have maintained my weight! I am so excited ! I know I can do this for life. Most importantly, I am free!

I want to wish the No S community a very happy holiday season :)

Haleybeaa

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Wonderful news, Haleybeaa!

Season's greetings to you, too.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 am

It's a great feeling.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Okaybear

Post by Okaybear » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Welcome!

I know how it feels to count every morsel that you eat. Lame. :) We humans were meant for more than that.

I hope that you find No S to be successful. I've only just started, and frankly, I really like it.

Glad to have you around!

Okaybear (aka Karen)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:48 am

NoS is the perfect maintenance plan there is anywhere :)
congratulations and enjoy you freedom!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:31 pm

I had to laugh about the cauliflower! The reason I eventually stopped WW is becuase it was not really family friendly and it was exhausting for me. I know someone who lost over 100 pounds on it and has kept it off for six years so I know it works but, my poor husband was sick of the meals and the scales at the table ect.
I might never be a size 6 doing no s but the trade off is worth it to me no more obsessing!!! How wonderful!