Losing Weight, Eating Great

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Losing Weight, Eating Great

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:08 am

I've often quoted cookbook author Pam Anderson regarding diets: "Diets are like trying to sell everyone the same style and size shoe. If this way of eating is forced and not really you, you’ll revert to your old patterns every time. Better to find a way to eat for life.â€

Losing Weight, Eating Great is a recent entry from her blog. I'm not promoting her plan, but what's important about it is that she found a moderate way of eating that she could sustain for life. There's a video, too.

For her, it's six small meals daily (and they are small). That's certainly not in keeping with No-S, but she found a way to eat for life.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I read Pam Anderson's blog occasionally and I have 2 or 3 of her cookbooks, including The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight.

I really love the recipes in the book. They are typical Pam recipes with a formula to use as a starting point, then you can take off in any number of directions. I love cooking this way. In fact, it was her soup recipes that finally got me to cook and eat soup, of which I was never previously a fan. From there I started experimenting with soup making and have gotten pretty good at it!

Thanks for this, Wosnes!
Eileen

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Eileen7316 wrote:I read Pam Anderson's blog occasionally and I have 2 or 3 of her cookbooks, including The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight.

I really love the recipes in the book. They are typical Pam recipes with a formula to use as a starting point, then you can take off in any number of directions. I love cooking this way. In fact, it was her soup recipes that finally got me to cook and eat soup, of which I was never previously a fan. From there I started experimenting with soup making and have gotten pretty good at it!

Thanks for this, Wosnes!
Obviously I read her blog and I have all of her cookbooks! My favorite is How to Cook Without a Book, and I like the new meatless version of it, too. The soup formula is what sold me and I've linked to it here more than once (also her chicken soup formula).

By the way, if you like the formula recipes, see Cooking without Recipes at finecooking.com Pam has a couple of recipes there, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm

I was impressed that she had been following her plan for four years when her book was published on it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)