Im sick :(

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jinx

Im sick :(

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:03 pm

I hate this, every time I decide to diet or exercise I get sick. Anyone know what to call this phenomenon?

Maskedlioness

Post by Maskedlioness » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:45 pm

Aww...sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I dunno what to call it, but take care of yourself and just try to work through it. I bet if you just try to keep eating healthy, you'll feel better.

Have some chicken noodle soup (or miso soup if you a vegetarian). :)

ceu

Post by ceu » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:43 pm

there's a nasty cold making the rounds. I've not hand one all winter, then last week I got knocked on my butt for a week. I missed a bunch of work.

I hope you feel better soon. I drank gallons of hot soup.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Feel better Jinx girl...
I am hesitant to offer my ideas until I have a better idea of what you are going through.. Sick is too general.. Also, I am worried that "diet and exercise" for you, might mean, pushing yourself into a place where you are running your batteries down too low...
Stress can challenge our immune system... If you are overdoing your exercise and not eating well, you can flip that sickness switch...
Feel better and feel free to elaborate on your symptoms and the rest..
Meanwhile, just have a nice hot shower, have some soup.. take a nap under your covers and don't worry too much..
It will pass...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:01 pm

I think I have the cold. My throat is all swollen and it huwts :( and my head is all "noisy", it hurts too. I feel weak, like moving around and stuff. I haven't started my exercise regiment just yet...I need to get used to my schedule and diet for now. So I know i'n not over working my body. Before when I did start exercising I wasn't pushing myself too hard, but I also got very sick...for weeks. I don't know, hopefully it will just go away soon. I'll make sure to eat lots of soup.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:14 pm

From one dying person to another...I hope you feel better soonest. Seems like everyone is sick these days.

Do what you can with No-S, but remember that "S" can also stand for "Sick" day, so eat what you need to eat to get better. But keep your no-s mental frame of mind, and just wait for your body to catch up with it.

P.S. Don't exercise when you are ill. Lots of liquids, soups, and hot baths are in order!

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 pm

Jan-Tz wrote:
P.S. Don't exercise when you are ill. Lots of liquids, soups, and hot baths are in order!

mmmmm...hot baths!!!!
I hope you feel better too

Älskling

Post by Älskling » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:34 am

That always seems to happen to me. Every time I start exercising, I get a cold a few days later even if I was just walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes or so.

Feel better!

Kid Charlemagne

Sleep!!!

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:24 pm

Most likely, what's happening is your body/ immune system breaks down a bit when you change your routine/lifestyle. Make sure you are eating right, tons of fluids, and most importantly...rest.

Your body will adjust and you'll be right as rain in no time. If it persists, go see your doctor.

FYI: My acupuncturist told me that rest above all (even excercise if we have to choose) is the most important. Make sure your getting at least 8 a day if you can. In the future, when you anticipate changing a personal system, make sure you're getting your body ready with rest and good food.

good luck,

kid
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm

thanks guys! Unfortunately today I feel even worse...but I bought myself a whole pack of chamomile tea..and thats what I'll be drinking all day. I went to sleep at 10:30 pm last night...tonight im staying in again too.
I really appreciate all the support guys.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Sorry to hear it jinx, but diet-wise, sick can be very effective :-)

I had a marathon of colds in January and got down to my lowest weight since jr. high (mostly from muscles dissolving, I'm afraid, but they couldn't have dissolved too much since I bounced right back to my max with shovelglove within a couple weeks).

Not to be recommended as a strategy, of course, but there's some consolation...

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Yo Reinhard,
I'm sorry, but four years worth of Shovelglove and Urban Ranger could never be substantially affected by a few weeks off...
You would have to take off months...

I hope you are feeling better skinny guy! :wink:
And you too Jinx..

Have a good weekend!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:41 pm

thanks again guys...
Since im still trying to stick with NoS while sick..what are your outlooks on cough drops?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Have whatever cough drops you want Jinx...
No one ever got fat going on a Halls mentholyptus binge!

Don't worry about cough drops.. this isn't Atkins, you aren't diabetic....
Just make yourself comfortable without all that guilt..
Sick days are S days, and it's already Friday, so don't worry about any of this for a few days... Your making this harder to do...
NoS is about simplicity, and maintainability...
Loosen up a little on yourself.. You will have plenty of future N days to practice strictness on NoS, when you aren't sick.

Get well soon!
Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 pm

If you need 'em, use 'em. I'm hitting the Ricola today. Water is better, though. So if you can moderate your consumption, and fill in with water, you will be better off.