New Here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sakira

New Here

Post by Sakira » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new, in case you didn't guess from the subject :lol: My husband is the one that lucked up on this site when researching something at work. He forwarded it to me with a message of "Just crazy enough to work". Hehe. He knows I am always trying to find that ONE diet that just makes sense, isn't complex, and can be done for the rest of my life.

Being a fat chick, I like my food. So, since I don't shop but every 2 weeks, I wasn't going to just toss everything. I can't make a special trip either. I am way too busy. Yes, excuses, but true. So I have been doing "No S' in a modified format. I don't have seconds unless its a special holiday (like Thanksgiving!) so that wasn't too hard. I'm working on the snacking though. Im use to that idea of 5-6 small meals a day. So far its really not bad at all. Im not hungery. Friday I am quiting the sweets and diet sodas.

I have been doing this for about a week and 1/2 and I have lost about 5-6 lbs. I know that won't always be the case, but I was rather surprised when I got on the scale. I haven't increased exercise, but I park 3 blocks from work. Thats 6 blocks I have to walk 5 days a week any way. They built a walking track on the roof, so I won't even have to join their gym right now.

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 pm

Welcome! Glad you are doing so well! :D
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Good for you... You won't be a "fat chick" for much longer if you stick with NoS...
You will still be able to enjoy food to its fullest!
Congrats on your great start!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:59 pm

Welcome, Sakira...glad you found No-S!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:02 am

Welcome, Sakira.

Sounds like you're easing into no-s very painlessly and effectively.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Reinhard

mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Welcome!

Sakira

Post by Sakira » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:20 pm

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Its funny how well this is working so far. Today is my first "offical" day on No S. Though I was going to count it as an S day since my family (from irish blood and all) do celebrate, its not working out that way. We have a snack day at work. I went to the table and nothing looked good. I left with a piece of "march b-day cake". It is still sitting here after 2.5 hours. I don't even want it. I ate all of my breakfast, but it took me an hour of nibbling to eat just half my lunch. I tossed the rest an hour ago and I am still stuffed. All I had was one of those Taco Bell Crunch wraps. It has some veggies and stuff , hehe. I hope it stays this easy or even gets easier :lol: I'll be starting a Post on the Daily Check in at the end of the day.