Make It Your Own

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Make It Your Own

Post by Over43 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:29 am

I have been reading through posts and notice the struggles folks go through. (I have noticed them before, I am commenting on it now...)

One of the great things about Diamond Dallas Page's Yoga is his statement: Make It Your Own.

Or Own It.

In other words do your best and make it work for you. For instance tonight I wasn't in the mood for a full blown session so I did the "Stand Up!" workout. 30 minutes of Yoga on my feet. First time, tonight it worked for me.

No S is the same way. Make it your own. I have fudged up the last few months. It is not about "This doesn't work for me," or "I'm quitting..." I just start over.

No S isn't like a no carb diet, or a low fat diet, or a soy shake diet. You don't go "on or off" because it is always there.

I just experimented with no gluten/dairy. I didn't dig it, so...back to No S. It is that easy.

Good luck to all of you!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Christine

Post by Christine » Tue May 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,

That's a big thing I have to learn. Make it my own, and there's no messing up because there's no diet. It is eating, plain and simple. I liked what I read about someone who talked about Zen Buddhism and looking at a mountain in a different way once they had been up the mountain etc. etc. etc. (can't remember it all) but now you're looking at the mountain in a whole different way than you did before. That's what I'm starting to find out about this eating normally concept. So profound and simple.
I'm a Mac