Day 4 thoughts

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

totljenn

Day 4 thoughts

Post by totljenn » Sat May 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Hello Fellow No S'ers!

Ok so this is day four and I am feeling great! After trying to make up my own low calorie, low carb, no fun diet I have reverted back to my old friend the No S Diet, which is so much better for like a million reasons. I am not a big eater in the mornings, just don't have the appetite, so instead of fretting and stressing over cramming a big breakfast down like I did last time I tried No S'ing, I have made the mealing concept work with my own healthy habits. I have a protein shake or oatmeal the morning, basically something small so I'm not starving. Then about a half an hour to an hour later I will have some fruit and yogurt, or some eggs and toast, basically I'll have a normal breakfast at that point. I do snack in between meals but my snacks are fruit only and let me tell you, once you get into eating a lot of fruit it is so freakin' good! Also, green tea is super good for you and is a great appetite suppressant. I am hoping that by limiting my carbs and processed foods that I will loose weight more quickly, plus I am a student of belly dance and work out 4-6 days a week for that. I am really hoping this whole grand experiment works because I am technically 20 pounds over weight and need to get a handle on things before they go spiraling out of control! I feel like I am doing better and thank you so much everyone for your support and good tips!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:51 pm

It's not Vanilla, but if you can make it work, mazel tov. Don't be surprised if you can do without the fruit snacks after awhile. Or the mini- and "real" breakfast. And be careful of trying to be too strict with processed foods as that can have backlash on S days. I've found I have them waaaay less than I used to, but I ate plenty of pizza and other flour products, if that's what you mean, in the beginning, despite the fact that I also had cooked whole grains around. I found that thinking about a fantastic biscuit at dinner kept me compliant many an N day, and less likely to go overboard with them on S days.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat May 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Well, I think if you try and lose it fast, you'll gain it back fast, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks, oolala......love hearing little tidbits like that.....it gives me hope.