Help me plan....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gobble

Help me plan....

Post by Gobble » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Okay, the boys are going away Thur, Fri, and Sat and this will be a couple of days treat with my girls. Going shopping and watching dvds and such. I want them to be S days...but I don't want to go overboard....essentially it will be a 4 day weekend...so four S days.

How would you handle it....without going completely wild?

Thanks.
SW-210.8
GW-199 (comfortable weight for now)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:49 pm

First examine a little why you want them all to be S days. Is there some particular family ritual outside of Vanilla you want to engage in? Do you think the girls need S's every day? When and how much?

I'm betting the weekdays could still be N days for you (and maybe even them, depending on their usual habits) with little loss of pleasure. One suggestions is to have special fruit parfaits made extra pretty as dessert on one day, and the second day, have fruit shortcake but with lightly sweetened plain yogurt instead of whipped cream at one meal. I used Trader Joe's wheat baking mix and my colleagues loved them. They all said it was as good as a sugary dessert. You could virtual plate your dinner to accommodate.

But if you still want them to be NWS days, I'd recommend no more than two s events per day. You might have a few options ready to discuss and let the girls decide. Maybe have "tea" in the afternoon with a sweet but no dessert at dinner (without making it too obvious)?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Great ideas, Oolala! I like the ideas of making a "legal" healthy extra to go with the meal....or just having 1 or 2 S events each day. That gave me some things to think about.

I think it will help to decide ahead of time. I do feel very weak though....and I really do not want it to be a free for all.
SW-210.8
GW-199 (comfortable weight for now)