Need a NEW Habit

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mixel

Need a NEW Habit

Post by Mixel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:01 am

I googled "I am fat" tonite and found this site. I printed the card and put it in my wallet in the clear sleeve. I made a No S and stuck it to the mirror. I am kinda desparate. I have tried Weight Watchers and I hate being a calorie accountant. I tried Atkins and South Beach and it is just to hard to live like that. I know I have a problem with sugar and that may be the hardest part of trying this, but I also know I need to kick the sugar. So I am going to try NOS. I like the premise. Keep it Simple! It has worked in the past...
Shame never creates change...

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:50 am

Hi Mixel and welcome to NoS.

I hope this plan brings some sanity and happiness to your relationship with food and that you manage to build a long term habit to help you lose weight and stay healthy for the rest of your life.

did you find the daily checkin section yet? If you'd find it helpful, you can create your own checkin thread and get some accountability and support from others here.

Best of luck, and remember that this is a long term thing. It can take some time to really change your eating habits and to see the difference. It's DEFINATELY worth it though.

C.
CaroleJo

Kevin

Welcome

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Hey, Mixel. Join the dieting anti-revolution (devolution?). It really works, and it's simple.

Keep in touch and let us know how it's going.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Mixel

Post by Mixel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:00 pm

Thanks CaroleJo and Kevin. It's great to get some feedback. So far so good today. And I got past the wicked snack time here at work. Now I just have to get past the leaving work treat. It's like a mine field.

M. :?

Kevin

It's a minefield

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:41 am

It's sort of a minefield. But don't assume it's going to be terrible. You get through one six hour period at a time. That's all. And if you fail, try again.

Good luck.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Mixel

Post by Mixel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:35 am

The day is almost done. I am going to have a cup of tea and go to bed and I have done it without snacks, sweets or seconds.

I started a check in thread "Mixel 21 Days". I hope to see you there.

Thanks for being so welcoming.

M. :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:48 am

Yay Mixel!
Belated welcome!
Enjoy NoS :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome, Mixel. Sounds like your first day went well.

I'll check out your check in for more details. Time to update mine, come to think of it...

Reinhard