How would you mark it?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

noni

How would you mark it?

Post by noni » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm trying to incorporate more fruit into my diet. It's easier with luscious peach season upon us. But sometimes I forget to put it on my plate, so I have it later. Should I mark it red on my calendar? Do you consider a fruit between meals, Vanilla No S?

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Technically it would be a red, but in reality it isn't going to hurt you. If you forget to put it on your plate, you could think back and ask yourself would it have fit on your plate if you remembered? Also, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it isn't vanilla No S but no eatig plan should make you feel bad about a peach! Just try to remember to put it on your plate next time

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

This is one of those areas that can make No S seem ridiculous. No Fruit Between Meals! makes no sense to people since the conventional wisdom is that a snack should be a piece of fruit.

But fruit and carrot sticks are a slippery slope since they lead to nuts which leads to cheese cubes which leads to pretzels which leads to chips. Eventually you end up at brownies.

If I forget to eat my fruit at a meal, I wait to the next meal. Guess what? I don't often forget my fruit. However, you are the one in charge of what you put into your mouth. Just be sure to call it what it is - No S with a fruit mod. Keep in mind part of Diet Head is making all these little bargains to convince ourselves that we really aren't "cheating".
Last edited by Blithe Morning on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 pm

sarahkay wrote:Technically it would be a red, but in reality it isn't going to hurt you. If you forget to put it on your plate, you could think back and ask yourself would it have fit on your plate if you remembered? Also, I wouldn't worry about it. I know it isn't vanilla No S but no eatig plan should make you feel bad about a peach! Just try to remember to put it on your plate next time
I agree, as long as it doesn't lead to further eating.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

noni

Post by noni » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I think I'll mark it red since I'm not interested in a mod right now. But it is interesting that since I had eaten the peach, I had gotten a hankering that night for other things to eat, more so then ever. Maybe it was just a head game, or it could be the fruit sugar eaten alone was calling for more. I recall my mother telling me whenever she snacked on fruit, it made her "hungrier."