Another S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

Another S

Post by oliviamanda » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm

I just thought of (and I'm sure it's been mentioned before)... of another S.

My eating problems are not snacking or seconds. They are saying no to daily sweets that are constantly crossing my path and Super late dinners.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 am

I'm sure many would be loath to add another S, but I agree totally... I have to eat an early supper to stay on track. Rolling around on a full stomach all night is not good for me, and makes me not hungry for breakfast. I think it also turns to fat a bit quicker!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 am

I can understand not sleeping well on a full stomach (I'm the same), but I don't think timing of daily meals really makes that much difference in general for losing weight. Overall energy in and energy out remains the same regardless of when during the day the food is eaten. I've spent a bit of time in southern Europe, and everyone usually ate dinner very late. It didn't seem to produce a weight problem in their society.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:39 am

I used to eat supper right when I got home and then permasnack all evening. I now eat later but not super late. It helps me avoid snacking. Last night was after 8 pm, but my usual is 7.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree. If I ate dinner at 5-7, and I stayed up til after 10, then I might start getting hungry. I think that I could allow a fourth mini-meal, but I really don't want that. On average, I eat dinner within 1-2 hours of going to bed. I'd like to change that, but it's been my habit forever.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain