I AM NEW TODAY!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

linsy

I AM NEW TODAY!!

Post by linsy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi i just started today!! I really think this is going to work for me!! Hopefully i will be skinny by my ten year reunion in July!!

Hunter Gatherer

Post by Hunter Gatherer » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:05 am

Hello linsy! Welcome to No-S.
Not to curb your enthusiasm or crush your spirit, but this diet is not a quick-loss plan (well, some people get that affect, but not always). It's more of a lifetime coping mechanism.
"You've been reading about arctic explorers," I accused him. "If a man's starving he'll eat anything, but when he's just ordinarily hungry he doesn't want to clutter up his stomach with a lot of candy."
Dashiell Hammett

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:02 pm

Welcome, Linsy!

I second HG's advice about thinking longer term than July. This isn't a quick crash diet, and honestly, you don't want a quick crash diet. It's about rewiring your habits for good.

Reinhard

linsy

2nd Day

Post by linsy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi, Thanks for your replys HG and Reinhard. I know that this is a long term life changing thing, so i don't know what the heck i was talking about when i said i wanted to be skinny by July. I think i will feel a lot better about myself by then if I keep this up. It was so nice to not have to sit and count points and calories yesterday, i really think this is going to work for me. I actually did really well, I had my 3 meals which were not to bad and of course it was my Grampas Birthday so i did have a little low-fat treat instead of a big whopping piece of cake which i would usually have done. I am a huge snacker in between meals and before bed so this is going to be major but I can do it!!! Thanks for listening

Linsy :)

ceu

Post by ceu » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:20 pm

hello and welcome. :)