Signs the No-S Habit is solid

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Signs the No-S Habit is solid

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi. Haven't been around awhile. Mostly it's been because I've been, well, not thinking about No-Sing, even though I eat three meals a day and don't snack. It's just... what I do.

But something happened today to make me think about it. It's one of those gray chilly days that's just made for baking, we'd run out of bread and so I have bread in the oven right now.

Lunch was an hour ago.

I made a mental note that no matter what we have for dinner, I am having a slice of that bread with it because it smells delicious.

That, my friend, is No-S habit. I didn't even consider having some right away. (I love homemade bread).

What about you? Have any of you had a moment like that?
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 pm

I usually time my bread baking so it's ready to eat at the next meal. The first thing I have at the meal is buttered bread! Yum!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am

One of our contractors made chocolate chip cookies. I kept them on my desk for a week and didn't even think about eating them until I had them for dessert tonight. (I start my S days on Friday nights).

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 am

My aunt came over on Monday afternoon and gave me a small bar of Green and Black dark chocolate. It sat on my bedside table until Saturday after lunch, when I opened it and had a few pieces. It is still there now (Sunday), and it is unlikely I'll finish it this weekend.

Not because I'm filled with willpower through the week, but just because habit is strong. If you told me a year ago that I could keep a bar of chocolate within BEDTIME REACHING DISTANCE for almost a week without eating any and without feeling tempted and fixated on it I would not have believed you.

mulliganagain

Post by mulliganagain » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 pm

i used to be a huge nighttime snacker... nighttime was my trouble time! Now not only do I not thinking of snacking at night, but I find that I can't sleep if I have a full stomach. :) I just realized the change the other day and it shocked me that I could suddenly feel so different!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 am

I can walk down the cookie or candy aisle in my old haunt and not even consider buying anything.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)