Hello from a newbie!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Busy Jan

Hello from a newbie!

Post by Busy Jan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 pm

I found this forum through a link from the No S Diet page which I found in turn from a link from a frugal blogger I follow, so I guess I was fated to end up here! This is a great plan as I have been thinking about my approach to shedding a few pounds this year.

I'll give you some background information first. I'm 5ft 5 and a medium build and just over two years ago I managed to lose weight in 4 months going from 156lbs to 132lbs following the Slimming World diet at home (didn't join, just bought the books off E Bay) as my goal was to attend two family weddings and I wanted to shape up and look good. I haven't been following any diet for almost a year now and my average weight was around 137lbs but it has crept up over the past three months to 143lbs and I need to stop it from getting any higher.

I like the idea of The S Diet as I love my food and I'm happy to go without snacks and deserts as long as I can eat normal portions of normal food. The great thing is being able to have a treat at the weekend and on special occasions. My biggest problem will be around 9pm on weekdays as this is the time I always fancy a snack so I think I will have a cup of tea and then brush my teeth straight afterwards. I'm English and I love my cups of tea!
I don't exercise either! It's not that I don't like exercise but I don't seem to have much time. I work full-time as a teacher and often have school work to do at home, I have two children and I also have commitments at our church so this doesn't leave much time. I refuse to join anymore gyms, I'm not a fan of swimming but I do like walking and cycling so when the weather improves I will try to find time to get out and about.

My first goal is to lose 7lbs taking my weight back down to 136lbs. Here I go...

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Welcome :D
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Hello Jan! I'm sure you will rock No S.

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:13 am

Hi Jan,

I'm new to no s too. I'm also 5'5" and my start weight is close to yours. I'm hoping this plan will help me lose these stubborn few pounds without driving myself crazy. Good luck!

Busy Jan

Post by Busy Jan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks everyone...so tomorrow is the first no S day so I will post an update at the end of the week to let you know how I get on.

HoeHanna

just starting

Post by HoeHanna » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 am

I've been on every diet known to man and finally got so fed up that I googled "no excuse diet plans" and somehow found my way to no S. First simple, intelligent, no excuse diet I've ever seen. I've read the page several times. It speaks to the part of me that thinks I'm going to outsmart all those other diet plans and magically lose pounds somehow. I turn 60 in April and REFUSE to go into my golden years like everyone else in my family: obese, diabetic, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, etc.... Currently I am not on NOT on any medications and have no intentions of going there. I've mentally already started this "diet" and have said these words in my head like a million times; no sugar, so snacks, no seconds, EXCEPT on S-Days. I love this and am combining it with many of the recipes from "Now Eat This Diet" book. They are healthy and tasty. I love to cook and with hubby (skinny, junk food junkie) home on weekends, there could not be a better plan for me. YAY!!! here we go.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:59 am

Glad to have you!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)