Starting No S again......

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

Starting No S again......

Post by CarrieAnn » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:40 pm

Hi All!
It has been way too long since I have been here. Well tomorrow I will begin again. I starting working outside the home for the first time in 12 years back in Novemeber of 05. What an adjustment that has been. I was doing No S before that, but with starting my new job in town I just wasn't not doing well on it. Well almost 5 months later, I'm ready to start No S'ing.

I cannot believe the food that is available at work tempting me all day. Candy, pastries, sweet stuff everywhere. People are always bringing some type of goodies to work. I have trouble saying no, because I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings plus well I love sweets! So hopefully starting No S again well help.

Hugs!
CarrieAnn
:D

JWL

Post by JWL » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:19 am

Hi CarrieAnn!

I remember when I started working on the weekends (I homeschool our daughter during the weekdays) how bizarre it was that so much food that is SO CRAPPY for us is readily available! I mean, the vending machines alone, ferchrissakes....! :shock:

I find it harder to stick to No-S at work, but much of that is because I work very long shifts (12 hours) in front of a computer/on the phones all day. But it can be done with diligence, willpower, and habit.

Welcome back!
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Welcome back, CarrieAnn!

I've found work food has been much easy to avoid than most people think. There's plenty of it where I work, but people really don't notice what I eat. Be careful not to let social pressure be an excuse for the more basic pressure of animal appetite -- which is hard enough to deal with when it's not all tarted up in virtuous clothing.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:15 pm

Hey Carrie Ann~
Welcome back girl!

Have a great week :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:19 am

Thank you all for your encouragement! It feels good to be back!
Breakfast went well, lunch went well, but by the time I got home from work I was way too hungry (I don't think I ate enough at lunch time). I ate a chocatate chip cookie while I was cooking dinner. That was a failure, but I didn't eat any candy at work today and that was a major success for me :D

So how are all three of you, Freakwitch, Reinhard and Deb? Hope things are going well for ya. It is so good to hear from you all, thank you! Here's hoping that tomorrow is a total success.

Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:26 pm

Hello C.A.

Glad you are back in the No S mindset. Like Reinhard says, sometimes it takes a few fits and starts to get into the rhythm.

:D Dru