Question??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aprilsparrow

Question??

Post by Aprilsparrow » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm

How often should I weigh myself? My starting weight is at 228. Should I give the program a few weeks before getting on the scale?

Thanks! :)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I don't recommend weighing more than once a month.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

I wouldn't weigh any sooner than one month, and then only if I'd been at least 80% compliant and getting hungry for at least two meals a day, including weekends, for at least two weeks.

In the beginning, weight loss is practically irrelevant. The practice on No S, if done honestly and with some attention to true appetite, changes the amount of food that satisfies, but it doesn't happen in just a few weeks. It takes months and even years for the real, internal adjustments to happen.

Long term weight loss is really about long term adjustment to eating less. Make your goal to become accustomed to eating less permanently and let the chips fall where they may. Not eating as little as you can as soon as you can. Wean yourself off overeating and you will lose weight, though it might not be as much or as fast as you wish.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)