Here goes...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ardigan

Here goes...

Post by ardigan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:54 am

Hi everyone,

I'm normally a lurker when it comes to message boards but I think the only way I can really do this is if I'm accountable for my actions, as someone else said. I've tried No S before but gave up because it was...too simple? I don't really know, but I think it's time to give it another shot.

I'm really excited about doing this because I have the world's worst eating habits. Right now I'm not doing this for weight loss so much (although it'd be a bonus) but because I have days of eating next to nothing followed by days of eating everything and I'm sick of it!

Anyway, hope I make it to the 21 club! This is such a great lifestyle (not diet, haha) I hope I can live up to it. :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:07 pm

Go for it Ardigan!!!
Be kind to yourself in the first year... there's lots to unlearn, but take things one step at a time...
The fact that you wish to be accountable and aware of these habits is a great first step!!!
The plan is very livable and you will love it!
Don't worry about perfection, but try to do a strict version of NoS on N days, and don't sweat the S days...

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:50 pm

Jump in. The water's fine!

Congratulations on making the commitment to eat sanely.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

ardigan

Here goes...

Post by ardigan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:21 am

Thanks guys, I can see this is an awesome community already! (Love the name too, Deb, it's brilliant :P )

I'm probably tempting fate by starting this during my school holidays, surrounded by leftover Easter chocolate and all but if not now then when? I fully anticipate bingeing on my S-days (I'm such a shocking yoyo-dieter and I go crazy if I deprive myself too long) but hopefully I'll get better in time.

Happy No-sing everyone!

-Kate

roseha

Post by roseha » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:26 am

Hi everyone I'm new too. I was on another diet till about 6 weeks ago but it got too hard when I was away from home and couldn't follow it, also I was having work issues..so I switched to No S and whenever I check I have lost another pound!

This really does seem to be working for me. Fortunately I'm not a sugar freak :lol: so I guess that helps but the idea of keeping to one plate is a great one, at least for me.

Good luck Kate, and everyone

Roseha

ardigan

Post by ardigan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:37 am

Hey, good luck to you too, Roseha! Although I can see you hardly need it...well done on your loss so far.
-Kate

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ~Douglas Adams

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Welcome ardigan and roseha!

Thanks for de-lurking, ardigan. Coming out and posting is good both for you, for whom it provides at least the illusion of accountability (funny how important this can be), and for others, who get a dollop more positive peer pressure by seeing someone else take the plunge.

Roseha, I'm glad no-s has been working for you right off the bat. A lot of people run into heavy flak up front.

Best wishes to both of you and looking forward to hearing more,

Reinhard

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:37 pm

Welcome to you both! I always get excited when we have new members. Hope you will set up a "Check-in" thread so we can follow your adventures!

Best wishes to you! :D