Preparing for the longest 6 hours of my life

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Donna O

Preparing for the longest 6 hours of my life

Post by Donna O » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:50 pm

today will be day 1 for me-- i just finished a fairly large lunch, and

i am getting mentally prepeared to gut out the next 6 hours until dinner

... 4 pm will be when it starts to get hard

send me some positive energy , you all !!

Thanks!!

Donna O

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Postive energy sent... drink lots of water/tea/coffee so you don't get too hungry. If you do break down and snack, try to make it fruit.

Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!

Reinhard

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:31 pm

Lunch was at noon, dinner will be after 7...it's now 5:30 and I am drinking a glass of orange juice. I was really hungry, but now I'm fine. Part of this hunger thing is a sharp drop in blood sugar. Fruit and juice are good "emergency" measures!

Please post your success tonight. We're cheering you on!

navin

Post by navin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:47 pm

Sugarless gum is a good emergency measure too (plus, you'll have good breath. :-) )

Something else, it's OK to be hungry! I've found that if I'm actually hungry when I eat a meal, it makes the meal so much better.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Kevin

Good luck...

Post by Kevin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Punch through it. It gets easier. As some others have pointed out, a little exercise will often get you through those afternoons when you are sure you are starving.

At this point, I get hungry about 5:00 now for maybe 20 minutes, then it goes away until dinner time at 7:00. It really, truly does get better.

Oh, when I'm making dinner for the family (that's the very worst time), I cut up raw vegetables first, then maybe eat a few of those. I know it's snacking, but it's the very least damaging kind of snacking.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."