AFFIRMATIONS

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

adhollifield

AFFIRMATIONS

Post by adhollifield » Mon May 06, 2013 1:03 pm

I am new, this is my first post. I am fairly new to this diet but this is the most sanity I've had. I have been attempting to diet since early high school. I am now 27 and I feel that affirmations are very helpful. I am hoping people will come up with some new ones to post, here are mine:

I can easily go without snacking
I simply overcome hunger
Because I'm worth it (L'oreal nailed this one!)
I enjoy "no s-ing"

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Though the Catch Phrase Glossary isn't meant to be affirmations as such, it probably includes some. Why not take a look?

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3883
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Welcome!

I try to really tell myself the truth, a truth that my sneaky side can't argue with -- so optimistic affirmations like "I'm not hungry" have to be translated for me into "I ate a satisfying lunch two hours ago, it's physically impossible for this to be hunger" works best for me. Also "I get to eat a really good dinner when I get more hungry later" works better than "I don't mind being hungry". I DO mind being hungry, but after five months, I embrace it as the normal process of getting ready to eat a meal in the next couple hours, rather than a directive from god to immediately eat half a sleeve of saltines.

Good luck with whatever works for you!

adhollifield

thank you

Post by adhollifield » Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm

I found some good ones in the Catch Phrase Glossary so thank you for the great advice! My favorite one is something like "S's will not fix/change my problems or emotions" LOVE THAT ONE

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Wed May 08, 2013 7:17 pm

finallyfull wrote: a directive from god to immediately eat half a sleeve of saltines.
:lol:

My S-avoidance affirmations are something like "You'll regret this later." I also remind myself that "Wednesday is almost Saturday." :oops:

mastermesh

check out hasfit

Post by mastermesh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:23 am

Hasfit http://hasfit.com/has some awesome affirmations that they post on facebook page regularly.

I'm starting to workout more - doing a 10-15 minute tape in mornings and a longer workout tape in evenings. I'm going to use some hasfit stuff in some of this along the way.

One of my big issues that was dragging me down in the past is that I was always negative ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING...

Reading affirmations has helped me in some nice ways.

I have scrawled all over our apartment in mirrors and on papers on the walls , etc "Good things happen to positive people and I am a positive person" because I read some blog post or forum post with something like that phrase on few weeks ago. I try to read it twice when I read it because I did a music writing mooc a while back and one of the main points they made is that with song writing if your lyrics have equal number of lines it has more positive reinforcement to it where as if it's odd number of lines it gives instability and an unmentioned tone of questioning/negativity which is great for some songs, but for affirmations is horrible since it causes your subconscious to work against your goal...

so say affirmation twice or write it twice, etc. when you read it... and repeat often... if you do accidentally go 3 times, say it again to get 4 in so you are back on the even number of lines thing to back up your positive idea and boost it with stability and "umph" that makes it have REAL meaning.