could call this "The Food Tastes Good Diet"

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

EmilyGF

could call this "The Food Tastes Good Diet"

Post by EmilyGF » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:13 pm

... because food tastes good when you're not already stuffed!

I wonder how much junk we eat in the US because we're so stuffed ALL THE TIME that the foods we eat have to be unnaturally sweet/salty/fatty for them to be enticing.

When I follow no-S (like last week), all my meals are appetizing, including my oatmeal in the morning. When I'm not following it, I want to eat out all the time because I find my home cooking "boring." Food is appealing, not boring, if you are actually hungry!

My two cents,
Emily
Emily

SuperMysteryCat

Post by SuperMysteryCat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I totally agree.

The part I'm still not used to is actually being satisfied with less food even though I'm quite hungry when I sit down to eat. I am now convinced that seconds were just a habit. When I make my plate, I'm always thinking that I really want more, but after I finish it I'm always full. Weird.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Even after over three years, I can still look at the plate before I begin and have a little fear that it won't be enough. In those circumstances, it always is.

But thin people do the opposite, I've noticed. My thin nephew-in-law invariably takes more food on his plate than he finishes, although his wife, my niece, claims he does finish it later. But I've seen his plate sitting with food finally get scraped and washed many a time. And he never said, what happened to my food?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Emily -- good point! I think you are probably right about everyone wanting megafood because nobody's hungry. That would be funnier if it weren't true.

I almost didn't notice until I saw this thread that I now rarely think about getting seconds! It used to be one of my biggest challenges. For years I struggled with "should I? should I" because I knew I was basically eating dinner twice. Now I have kind of a big plate, but I'm done when I'm done. That is a much happier feeling than struggling with the dumb decision of whether to have more. I am MORE satisfied with less.

Thank you Oolala for chiming in with that fear that it won't be enough. I have it too. It holds on despite it always being enough. (although it has shrunk quite a bit over time.)