my first month

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

musiclvr02

my first month

Post by musiclvr02 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:21 pm

I weighed myself today and I lost 2 lbs. I'm glad about it, but I'd be happier if I'd lost 5 lbs. Oh well.
I've done no snacking, maybe my S days need a little modification. I take thyroid med too, but not everyday.

How much did you lose after your first month?

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:51 pm

In my first year the monthly average was 1 lbs, with wild S days and all. It was way too slow for my taste, but I tried to take my mind off the scale and just keep up the good habits. The pounds I've slowly lost haven't gone back so far.
I know it's easy to say, but just wait and trust the process. The time passes very quickly. "You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain."
I've just (finally!) posted my testimonial after 3 years on No S, you may check it out if you wish.

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

My very first month I lost 6 pounds but I think much of that was water weight, because after that I lost just 2-3 pounds per month for about a year and then just a pound a month. But now, months later, I can say I've lost AND KEPT OFF (the most important part!) more than 55 pounds. :)

Slow and steady wins this race. Keep going; you are doing great! And don't worry about S days until you start to feel uncomfortable with your S day eating--i.e., too much, too sweet, too chaotic--not because of the scale.
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 am

I've been averaging a pound a month, but I'm not on a diet!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 am

I wouldn't make any modifications until you've been on the program for at least 6 months, maybe longer. Slow and steady wins the race.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."