Anyone getting married next year and using nos to slim down?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

clarebear

Anyone getting married next year and using nos to slim down?

Post by clarebear » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:30 pm

9 months to go until I get married!
Wondered if anyone else was using nos for their wedding?

Would be good for a few of us to keep track together!

:)
Finally found a lifestyle change, not a diet!
Starting weight 167 lbs
Goal is to lose 20lbs in time for my wedding!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:36 pm

I have been on No S for over 2 1/2 years, and I lost 45 lbs the first year. Since then I have just maintained. However, I am making a renewed effort for additional weight loss (25 lbs) now because I will be mother of the bride in a January wedding. Does that count? :mrgreen:
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:40 pm

That's amazing!
Yes of course it counts :)
I'm only going to weigh myself once a month or so as I don't want to get too hung up on the scales, but will still post updates of how I'm doing and feeling :) I want to be accountable somewhere!
Starting weight 167 lbs

krawford13

Post by krawford13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:30 pm

I am going to be a mother of the groom in one year and the first thing I thought of was Nos!!
kat

El Fug

Post by El Fug » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't think No-S is best utilized as a means by which one can slim down for a special, heavily photographed day. There are far faster methods.

No-S is better seen as a way to live with food long-term, both pre- and post-marriage. Lots of women skinny themselves down for their weddings to then yo-yo back up to some pre-marriage stasis level. The trick is to create a new, lower stasis level that is maintained relatively easily for the long-term. No-S is the best method I've seen for this.

krawford13

Post by krawford13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Well in this case, I am thinking no snacks, no sweets, no seconds, period.
kat

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:42 pm

My wedding is just the beginning, it's 9 months away so this gives me some time to get into the no snacking habit, I intend to carry it on for life! :)
Starting weight 167 lbs

El Fug

Post by El Fug » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 pm

krawford13 wrote:Well in this case, I am thinking no snacks, no sweets, no seconds, period.
Except on S days, right? Those S days are critical to the No-S philosophy.

El Fug

Post by El Fug » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:31 pm

clarebear wrote:My wedding is just the beginning, it's 9 months away so this gives me some time to get into the no snacking habit, I intend to carry it on for life! :)
That's the spirit! And you can snack on the S days, so you don't have to give it up completely.

krawford13

Post by krawford13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 pm

El Fug wrote:
krawford13 wrote:Well in this case, I am thinking no snacks, no sweets, no seconds, period.
Except on S days, right? Those S days are critical to the No-S philosophy.
Nope.
kat

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am

My stepdaughter is getting married in June. And it is a destination wedding to The Dominican Republic. That means bathing suits and light, breezy dresses. A few months ago that news would have put me in a panic. Will I have gained all my weight back by then? Should I get back on WW before I am hopelessly out of control?
Ahhhh!....but not anymore. I heard the news last week and thought "how nice, a vacation wedding!" I am not in the least concerned about my weight for June. I already know that, after a month of NoS, I am slowly losing weight. Not gaining, but losing. So even if I am the same weight next June, I am good. But I know in my heart I will be down some weight. And the beauty is that I enjoy this way of eating. It is not a struggle. I am learning to trust my body with food. I feel as if someone took the battery out of my body's computer and reset it to its original default settings. My body knows what to eat when it is hungry. Mindfully eating is the natural way to live.
Bring on the weddings!
Peace,
Kat
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe