Had my own personal Nicholas Cage moment...

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
ianp123

Had my own personal Nicholas Cage moment...

Post by ianp123 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:11 pm

"People don't throw things at me any more. Maybe because I carry a bow around." -- Nicholas Cage as Dave Spritz in "The Weather Man"

I came upon this site on Sunday and have been looking and thinking and looking and thinking for 4 days now about Reinhard and Shovelglove. Can't say it's a bad idea. In fact, I've decided to try it out.

Today I walked (not drove) the 1.5km to my nearest Canadian Tire and got a 12lb sledgehammer. As I was carrying it home I couldn't help noticing that most drivers were being more solicitous than normal. Two, in fact, who normally would have cut me off by taking a right turn in front of my as I was crossing, took a second look at me and decided to wait until I had passed.
:lol:

Nobody f**ks with me... maybe because I carry a sledgehammer...

Le Mercenaire

Post by Le Mercenaire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Ianp123, I know the feeling, a few years ago, I was doing medieval sword fighting and regularly I had to take the bus with two bastard swords (4'½ to 5' long sword), a rapier (short, only 3' long) and a main-gauche (big 1 foot-long knife) strapped on my backpack. No need to say that people were looking at me in a funny way.

P.S. Over that, I used to wear my stage costume, a scottish kilt and plaid. I mean, at that point... ;)
Bis vincit qui se vincit in victoriam

ianp123

Post by ianp123 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:41 am

The kilt would top it all.... I don't get to wear mine often...