Woo Hoo Kicked My Butt

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
bunsofaluminum

Woo Hoo Kicked My Butt

Post by bunsofaluminum » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:26 pm

DAY 1

Well, after pretty much a month of zero exercise thanks to recuperating from cellulitis...that illness really takes it out of me, literally one thing will set me right down for the whole day. E.g., out for an hour of errands, two stops, and I was spent. Had nothing left for anything else all day. And that's how it has been since May 21...three and a half weeks. whew.

Well this past weekend I got to feeling human, and today I woke up with energy! first time in absolute weeks, and it felt good.

So I did shovelglove (skilletglove for me with my big cast iron skillet)... I did three rounds of all the moves, except the fireman. I couldn't do that one the second or third round. and with three rounds, I was done. Two minutes left on my timer. It just now occurred to me: I should have done sit ups or something until it went off. Tomorrow.

My arms feel wobbly. Like "you want to lift your hand to push the button on the microwave? riiiiight" :lol: and I feel FANTASTIC. It's good to feel human again.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Congratulations!

If it knocked you out so much that you spent the last couple of minutes in stupefied panting, that sounds like a hell of a workout!

Reinhard