benefits already!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Natasha

benefits already!

Post by Natasha » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:51 am

This is sooo exciting! Yesterday at work we had a bunch of shipment to carry upstairs, and I was on a roll moving boxes around, going up and down the stairs without much of a problem or really getting winded. I work in a toy store, so this time of year starts to get dicey. Looks like I'll be able to handle everything with the best of them. I'm thrilled with how I've been in just ONE WEEK of SG!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:24 pm

That's great!!!!!
Yeah, if you get used to swinging that Shovelglove, you won't be thrown by having to lift too much else, including the dreaded snow cleanup in the driveway once that all starts!

Peace and *Glove*
heh heh heh,,,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Orvette

Post by Orvette » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:17 pm

Natasha, you just show 'em what you got, honey! How cool. With stronger muscles, you'll also be taking a load off of your joints! This holiday season may be the easiest one you've been through in years!

Deb, I've actually always enjoyed shoveling snow! I would get a great cardio benefit, plus all my muscles would feel warm and used. That should have been a clue I guess, but I would never have thought to simulate those movements with a sledge!
~ Orvette

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:30 pm

Congratulations! Keep at it and you will get very strong. You'll look great, but you'll be even stronger than you look. And strong for useful stuff.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:58 pm

Hi Orvette :)
Love the avatar!!!!

I love snow shovelling too, and mentioned the "dreaded" thing halfway in jest (except on a day when you are under time pressure to get somewhere!)

We moved to a place with an unbelievably long driveway last year..
You could put four cars into it easilly..
I had actually been Shovelgloving for a solid month last year before we got hit with a massive storm... Two or three feet of snow with this long driveway even had me a bit worried...
LOL..

It was surreal that once I got done with it all, I suffered absolutely not one bit of back ache or arm ache.. None.. I was floored!
Infact I was flipping snow over my shoulder like no tomorrow...
Shovelglove made it markedly much easier than ever before!

Have a great day all and a good weekend!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Orvette

Post by Orvette » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Deb,

You've actually got me looking forward to the first snow! Hopefully, I will have been shugging for a while by then and will really be able to test my strength. Don't mess with snow chicks! :wink:
~ Orvette